Liverpool Vs The Blades

scottf

agree .. the first one was not a blatent foul

But let me say this .................

How thick can you get, when gerrard, whilst getting manhandled, grabbed, pulled etc .... holds his hands out and shows the ref......... sheff u player carries on doing it .......... i would say, "ok idiot, the ref has seen you do it, if your so thick that you will carry on, ..... ill have a penalty thank you"

And do you know what ....... he did !!!!!

Right so you're saying that it's the defenders fault that Gerrard committed a blatant dive :rolleyes:

Given all your comments about diving in this and other threads do you not think that's incredibly hypocritical?

On what grounds do you make that claim?.

on the grounds that that is where he allways is ..... the ground. he must be the player with the most dives to his name in the whole of world football

Who cares about home records? It's the overall record that matters and you don't come close to United's or Chelsea's.

How far we going back here mate .......... i think u will find we do have a record that can touch yours

You're the one who keeps on taking refuge in anything to try and distract you from the only thing that really matters - the league table, because you don't like the fact that it proves you to be a team of also rans.

your talking like you have already won it ......... if your not, and are talking about previous seasons ..... i think you will find that we have a record that makes your claims look silly

How many league titles? Because as we all know they're the only things that really matter, everything else is just a consolation.

ok mate, talk to me when you have won 19 league titles.

Consolation of 5 european cups is not hard to swallow

Right so you're saying that it's the defenders fault that Gerrard committed a blatant dive :rolleyes:

Given all your comments about diving in this and other threads do you not think that's incredibly hypocritical?

gerrard showed the ref he was being pulled, pushed, etc .......... if then the player hasnt got the brians to stop doing it (knowing that the ref has seen him) what is he supposed to do ???? Let him foul him but stop up for the sake of plekhanov ??:loopy:

First one was a disgrace, second 50-50 but after he had given the first Gerrard knew that the second was a cert. :gag:

and so did everyone else ....... you talk nonsense mate ...

Im wondering why, if its that easy, ..... he didnt win another to get robbie a hatrick :confused: its nothing to do with your defenders being dumb and innept at defending is it ???

I suppose Gerrards goal was a fluke aswell was it ???

Commenting on a game you haven't seen. How's that for thick. :hihi:

REDS BLUNT BLADES IN ANFIELD STROLL

Liverpool consolidated their grip on third place in the Premiership by coasting to a convincing 4-0 victory over Sheffield United at Anfield on Saturday afternoon.

Robbie Fowler's first half spot-kick double (20 and 25) and second half strikes from Sami Hyypia (70) and Steven Gerrard (73) fired the Reds to an emphatic win that moves them to within three points of second-placed Chelsea and seven clear of fourth-placed Arsenal.

Having sent shockwaves reverberating around Europe in midweek, a rousing reception from the Anfield gallery greeted the returning heroes as they resumed their 'bread and butter' quest on the domestic front.

With a couple of big games looming, Benitez shuffled his pack and veteran Kop favourite Fowler was one of seven changes to the starting eleven that helped defeat Barcelona in the Nou Camp.

Javier Mascherano was handed his Reds debut in the centre of midfield alongside Steven Gerrard and, with Pepe Reina's wife about to give birth, Jerzy Dudek also made a rare start between the sticks.

Hyypia was recalled to the centre of defence in place of Daniel Agger, Mark Gonzalez and Jermaine Pennant came in to patrol the flanks, while Fowler was partnered by Peter Crouch in attack.

It was on the opening day of the season that Neil Warnock's newly promoted Blades blunted Liverpool's start to the campaign by holding them to a 1-1 draw at Brammall Lane and, given the much-changed line-up, hopes must have been high in the away dug-out of a repeat result.

But Rafa's squad rotation policy worked a treat and it was the Reds who stuck the knife in to draw first blood after 20 minutes.

Robert Kozluk wrestled Gerrard to the floor as a corner was floated in from the right. Referee Steve Bennett immediately pointed to spot and Fowler made no mistake in expertly despatching the spot-kick to the left of Paddy Kenny's outstretched arms.

Seven minutes later the Reds number nine doubled Liverpool's advantage in almost identical circumstances. Gerrard was brought down in the box for a second time, this time by Nick Montgomery, and Fowler comfortably completed the task again, opting for the opposite corner on this occasion as Kenny dived the wrong way.

With the points safe, the main focus now was on how many Liverpool could score and the only surprise was that it took until twenty minutes from the end before the United net was pierced again.

Hyypia pounced on a loose ball as the visitors struggled to clear a corner and the big Finn's goalward bound shot was deflected in off the legs of a defender for 3-0.

Three minutes later Gerrard completed the scoring and put the seal on a satisfactory afternoon when he drove the ball home from the right edge of the area.

just so you understand what im saying duggie....

.............Now back to the realities, we were not good enough but the scoreline was flattering. A fair result would have been 2-1 and should have been if we had not hit the cross bar.

Please try to... Carm down, carm down....

It took you nearly half a dozen posts to admit you had not seen the game.

Like I said in my posts, (example above) we were not robbed, we were second best. But the first penalty was a disgrace the second 50-50.

All fair points I assumed.

So chill out, slap Ferry cross the Mersey on, and try hitting these keys on your keyboard. :D

Please try to... Carm down, carm down....

It took you nearly half a dozen posts to admit you had not seen the game.

Like I said in my posts, (example above) we were not robbed, we were second best. But the first penalty was a disgrace the second 50-50.

All fair points I assumed.

So chill out, slap Ferry cross the Mersey on, and try hitting these keys on your keyboard. :D

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: ok matey .... im singing ferry across the mersey as i type :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Archived