England and Sheffield Stadiums

Would people want to go and watch an England match at Hillsborough?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would people want to go and watch an England match at Hillsborough?

• Yes
    • No
    • Nah, I prefer BDTBL!

Really? I didnt know that. You would think he wld have some control and power to choose the venues. Maybe he cant stand the place. Who knows ;-) just because he comes from Sunny Sheff doesnt mean to say he's all for it. Isnt the sports minister from Sheffield too? Cant recall his some, begins with C. That also brings me onto the point of why Don Valley stadium isnt used very often. I can remember is was used last year by for a championship event which Norwich Union sponsered. I also watched some of it on tv. Isnt Sheffield the only "National City" of sport? Why is it used for sport so little then? :o:x

Yer all paranoid!

The FA are sharing the fixtures between grounds that wouldn't normally get them.

Hillsborough staged fixtures in the two major competitions we have hosted - The '66 World Cup and Euro '96. It has also staged cup matches.

If there were games at Hillsborough, people would be saying, how come they never stage them at places like Ipswich, but always the same old big grounds like Hillsborough!

Don't think paranoia is the issue rarstar, when did ENGLAND last play in Sheffield ?

Recent years, has seen England play at Sunderland , Newcastle, Middlesborough, Old Trafford (twice), Anfield (twice), Villa Park (twice), Leeds, Leicester, West Ham, Tottenham, Southampton, Derby, Ipswich (soon). Some of these grounds were also used in 1966 World Cup and Euro 96 !

Quite right there "Michael_W". That is exactly the point I am making. Alright we did host Euro96 and the WorldCup66 games. Im trying to find out when the actual England team last played in Sheffield. I certainly dont think it was during 1996, it was mainly used for foreign teams such as Croatia. England played all there games at Wembly. Maybe Hillsboro is on the list for forthcoming fixtures involving England but only time will tell. It better be quick or else we'll have no time left! It has to come around some day? :?

I really don't think that the FA, or anyone else, for that matter are singling out Sheffield.

Maybe the reason they haven't played fixtures here is because we are central - we can get to most other grounds with relative ease?

If they were planning to play one in the area, I think Nottingham or Derby would be a better choice, or even Barnsley.

Archived