Best curry house in Sheffield

brooksy

Originally posted by kirky

agreed :thumbsup:

I think the food in SB's is ok, but the service is absolutely bloody terrible!

We went a couple of times after going to the Showroom (that's 2 seperate times, not twice in one night! ;0) )

Each time we wern't drunk or rude, but staff took ages to come to your table, or they would see you asking them to come over and ignore you.

When the waiter was clearing our table away when he finally did arrive, he took the dirty cutlery and put it in his trouser pockets!

We then said we'd like the bill, waited around 15 mins for someone to come, but they didn't, so we made our way to the front to pay and left. This wasn't particularly busy as well. Do they not want our money or what?!

I think the food there is ok, but as for the service, I wouldn't go back there - I'd rather go to the Balti King. Hey I know the stories but I've been on and off for 7 years and never had "delhi belly"!

Originally posted by bigrods

I think the food in SB's is ok, but the service is absolutely bloody terrible!

We went a couple of times after going to the Showroom (that's 2 seperate times, not twice in one night! ;0) )

Each time we wern't drunk or rude, but staff took ages to come to your table, or they would see you asking them to come over and ignore you.

When the waiter was clearing our table away when he finally did arrive, he took the dirty cutlery and put it in his trouser pockets!

We then said we'd like the bill, waited around 15 mins for someone to come, but they didn't, so we made our way to the front to pay and left. This wasn't particularly busy as well. Do they not want our money or what?!

I think the food there is ok, but as for the service, I wouldn't go back there - I'd rather go to the Balti King. Hey I know the stories but I've been on and off for 7 years and never had "delhi belly"!

always found the service spot on but ive never been when its been busy as i'm usually busy in the bar at peak times

• 6 months later...

I would be interested to people opinions on the best (or indeed the most authentic) curry houses in Sheffield.

As someone who has a passion for the food, I am wondering if there any any hidden gems out there worth going to?

My favourite so far is probably Elinas on Sharrowvale Road, though Everest on Chesterfield Road scores highly for its unigue menu and presentation.

I've never eaten curry out anywhere..ever

my mum makes the best curry ever, I like yellow dahl with spinach and coriander, and "aloo gobi" a potato and cauliflower curry with more taste than imaginable mm shes great :)

but seriously, no curry houses compare to real authentic home made currys..

Archived