August Bank Holiday Weekend…what are you up to?

waterbabe

I’m thinking of organising an event in Sheffield but first want to get some feedback as to what different people are in to and what they would like to do.

It will definitely have a musical element to it, but what kind of music would people like to hear?

How would a themed event go down? – Any takers??????

If you were to go to an event in the middle of the summer, what would make you go? How could it be different from the rest?

If you have any ideas I would love to hear them, if you could also tell me a bit about your self, your age/occupation/likes and dislikes etc. Then that would really help me in my quest to bring something new and exciting to Sheffield.

Thanks

Water Babe

As someone who has attempted to organise events on bank holidays, the first bit of advice I would give is: DONT!!!

Every promoter and his dog comes out with a "special event" and the level of competition is sky-high.

That said if you feel you can find your own niche market that wont be affected by everything else thats happening then good luck to you, but I can pretty much guarantee I'll be at either Creamfields/Crasher (Sat & Sun) or Leeds festival (fri, sat, sun).

As far as anything for any other time....I'd quite like to see an event that has live bands all day and DJs all night...thus combining my love of both indie and e.d.m.!

I agree with Craig - August Bank Holiday is flooded withevents. Why not look to one of the earlier weekends in August (the first weekend is my birthday so very good for me!!)

I'll be at Reading Festival for August Bank Holiday this year, and probably for many years to come.

I would be interested in anything that provided lots of live bands, interesting food stalls/markets etc.

When I was at uni in Manchester the Rock Society organised a massive event with bands on from 2pm till 2am in 3 venues around the town, the Union, and a couple of larger pubs. Unfortunately I couldn't go but by all accounts it was a great day. Very chilled out but with lots to do. Shows it is possilbe to do so best of luck to you!

Archived