Corner Pin Carlisle St

mrseggy

I had many a late night in this pub and the Carwood on the opposite corner , sometimes until 3 am , when we were on the nightshift and the mill had broken down at Firth Browns , a regular occurence fortunately , for us and the landlord .

The Corner Pin was the last of the Steelmakers pubs in Sheffield and was one of my favourite places to visit for a real good pint!

I would come over from Melbourne once or twice a year, still do, and meet up with Chris Payling and many others still left over from the days of Sheffield Steel, but now all gone.

Great lunchtime food, the Sunday lunches, the Christmas menus all the trips out, all part of the past.

I was there about two years ago with Chris and it was the day the pub changed hands the beer was rubbish, the refrigeration did not work and Chris said that the place was likely to finish up a dealers paradise as did a lot of Sheffield pubs.

So very sad!

The Corner Pin was the last of the Steelmakers pubs in Sheffield and was one of my favourite places to visit for a real good pint!

I woudn't say that, Wentworth house is still going and thats right next to Rixstons, plus there are plenty in stocksbridge that do pretty good business from the mill there.

The majority have gone though i agree!

Edited by scottf