Restaurants open on a Sunday

EdnaKrabappe

As it's my birthday in a couple of weeks and I am going to a gig on the Saturday night, and Manchester the week before, I wanted to go out for a meal on the Sunday night for the more 'sedate' friends i have. (plus that's my actual birthday.) The sedate friends keep suggesting Sunday lunch, however sod that, I want to choose the fact I don't want to be back home for six o clock!

So.... my question is - What places are open Sunday evening?

I like 543, Seasons, Boho type restaurants, in other words, not chain style places where they just warm the food through. My last choice would be Italian, as it's just boring but I'm up for contemporary/curry/chinese/lebanese/

Mexican. Don't think it really matters these days but two of us who will be there are veggie.

I was in earlier, it's really nice. Still a few teething problems, someone behind me had a bowl of new spuds brought out and they were cold, my Pizza had no mushrooms on it. Other than that it's nice and clean and airy and they sell a lovely pear cider.. (yea, perry)

Worth a visit.

Why not try that new bar/restaurant at Kelham Island, The Milestone. Been getting great reviews.

Thanks for that, I did look at the menu and it looked really nice however after contacting them they are not open Sundays.

So that's them, Seasons, 543, Wig and pen and the pasta bar all not open Sunday evenings.

Meaks you'd think almost everywhere would be open but I'm finding this difficult!:help:

PS Also feeling mardy as not v well and off sick so going for sympathy vote now.

Hui Wei at the top of west st is a lovely lovely chinese if thats open - really classy and contemporary - great food and desserts! Possibly my favourite!:)

Edit: Tried to find out if it was open for you seeing as your ill and everything (and panicking about your felt tips if your anything like me when I'm off) but there is nowt about opening times on their very fancy website

Hui Wei at the top of west st is a lovely lovely chinese if thats open - really classy and contemporary - great food and desserts! Possibly my favourite!:)

Edit: Tried to find out if it was open for you seeing as your ill and everything (and panicking about your felt tips if your anything like me when I'm off) but there is nowt about opening times on their very fancy website

Cheers J:thumbsup: We are not allowed felt tips at my place:( It's my whiteboard pens I'm fretting over! :cool:

The times were on the menu and indeedy it's open Sunday. I'll put it to everyone. :)

Meanwhile any other suggestions?

Has anyone tried Parthenonas on London Road? What's that like? I :love: Greek food - not worried about cheese but am concerned over quality food, presentation etc.

Has anyone tried Parthenonas on London Road? What's that like? I :love: Greek food - not worried about cheese but am concerned over quality food, presentation etc.

I went in there not long after it was opened and was pretty impressed - nice food, decent service, nothing too fancy but just the job if you like Greek :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived