Bishopshome (murder)

itsmewhy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

yes there was a murder committed at Bishopholme,her name was Glady's and was the caretaker for this refuge for battered wives. I think the year was 1969 and Glady's was my wife's aunt and it was her uncle that was convicted of her murder. Jackbee

Not proud of it but got done for nicking lead off the roof after it closed down (Young & foolish !!).

We actually went into the room where the murder had occured and saw the chalk outline of where the body was.

This was at night and was very eerie.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Ahh the memories of my youth playing on the "Bish"

Yes Mrs Jenkins was murdered there, I remember the morning after the murder visiting the home to see a lad who I got matey with who was staying there. Didn't realise until I got there what had happened, I vividly remember a chalked outline of where she fell and a pool of blood on the floor, I remember it as if it was yesterday and it will stay with me for the rest of my life. I believe Mr Jenkins hit her with an axe but all sorts of rumours were flying about at the time.

• 1 year later...
anyone remember bishopshome next to busk meadows anyone shed any light on a murder that occured there 1970s i believe.

i can remember going up to bishopsholme after the murder an everything was all cordoned off

---------- Post added 06-01-2014 at 23:23 ----------

i can remember being at longley school and everyone tried scaring everyone about the murder room an mad axe man

Archived