Anyone been to the Wig & Pen recently?

locket

Yey! i love the wig and pen. Dead chilled out - just a shame it's off the beaten track. Needs a third pub near it and Boho to make a pub crawl - (personally I'd love someone to work on Sola and turn it into a late night bar again that serves quality food during the day)

I've always had lovely food here. Wanted to go for my birthday but it's shut on Sundays :(

We went to the Wig & Pen for lunch on Saturday and it was excellent. I had the pan-fried gnocchi and my partner had the boston baked beans. The food was great, service was spot on and the atmosphere very relaxing. Nice way to spend a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon. The food and a bottle of wine came to £24 so not expensive compared to other places.

W&P is a great place - wouldn't like it to get too popular though, its only small and seating is limited!

Never eaten there so can't comment on the food, but the menu always looks agreeable. Have just looked at the menu and I can't locate the £20 'fish fingers' anywhere. Must have been a special... :rolleyes:

Archived