What's gone wrong with the boardwalk?

muddycoffee

On saturday I went with some friends to see Live Wire, an AC/DC tribute band at the boardwalk.

The band was great but the venue was lacking in a couple of ways.

1) Not enough bar staff. The queue at the bar was about 6 deep, and it was taking 30+ minutes to get served, which is completely unacceptible.

2) When I got inside I found that it was extremely hot, there seemed to be no ventilation and I was going to suffer so I paid a pound to leave my jacket in the cloakroom, and got a ticket believing that this service would be a safe place to leave my once extremely expensive jacket (£200+). But as we all left the venue, the door was open and there was no member of staff, you had to retrieve your own jacket!

That is totally and utterly unacceptible.:rant:

I have been to this place, 20+ times in the past and have never seen incompetance on this scale before.

So I would like to warn anyone else that visits this place that the standards seem to have slipped.

Ah MuddyCoffee, it's been like that for aaaaaages. :( Thank your lucky stars it's only February. Imagine the temperature at a sold-out gig in July, with the only ventilation being just one small desk fan perched on top of the speaker stack. :shakes:

Oh, and you can add to your list terrible tasting beer, eight times out of ten. Not sure what they do to it, but some pints are just horrible. Bleurgh!

I still like it in there though, but I can't for the life of me think why.

A lot of people descend on the Boardwalk all at the same time for a gig, so the bar is going to get jammed for a given period.....same at the Dove, we were SWAMPED with pre Boardwalk crowds and it was 4 deep at the bar for a while even with 4 bar staff working......its the nature of gigs and pre gig venues, a lot of people come in all at once in a short space of time......

A lot of people descend on the Boardwalk all at the same time for a gig, so the bar is going to get jammed for a given period.....same at the Dove, we were SWAMPED with pre Boardwalk crowds and it was 4 deep at the bar for a while even with 4 bar staff working......its the nature of gigs and pre gig venues, a lot of people come in all at once in a short space of time......

Goldenfleece, as you know we were enjoying your hospitality before hand, and though It was a busy as I have seen it while you have had the Dove and Rainbow, you had it under control and we were all served without delay.

In the Boardwalk, they had sold the tickets before so they must have known how many were coming, believe me they had a hopleless amout of staff. When I pay nearly 10 quid for admission to a specific event I have a right to be treated a bit more like a customer. I am more angry about the cloakroom than the beer, as I was there chiefly for the music, not to just get drunk.

Goldenfleece, as you know we were enjoying your hospitality before hand, and though It was a busy as I have seen it while you have had the Dove and Rainbow, you had it under control and we were all served without delay.

In the Boardwalk, they had sold the tickets before so they must have known how many were coming, believe me they had a hopleless amout of staff. When I pay nearly 10 quid for admission to a specific event I have a right to be treated a bit more like a customer. I am more angry about the cloakroom than the beer, as I was there chiefly for the music, not to just get drunk.

god :o i have never seen a cloakroom in there :confused: wear iz it :huh:

the band was good

have you seen AB/CD they very good as well they do more bon scott stuff

i think you may like them better:thumbsup:

My other half says her annoyance was that they had blocked off the womens toilets near the stage for some reason so she battled her way there only to have to go all the way back to the toilets near the entrance.

She also said the only reason I didnt have a problem at the bar was coz I get everyone elso to get mine. She spent half an hour there. They have never put on enough bar staff its always the same when it is a busy gig.

For the price of the tickets they charge you would think they could afford more bar staff.

Well, the beer (Moonshine) has been very good the last few times I've been. No complaints about getting served promptly either.

Gigs are always hot aren't they wherever you go? Go in a cheapo coat and leave it on the side somewhere. It'll end up smellling of beer and fags anyway.

Archived