Healthy eating in city restaurants

nickity

I would like to know if any restaurants offer customers a healthy option on their menus?

Would customers like to see more healthy options?

Are people with special dietary requirements catered for? if so, where?

Have any restaurants recently adapted their menus/ added nutritional information in response to the healthy eating drive?

Any comments/suggestions will be muchly appreciated!

To be honest when I'm going out for a meal I put the healthy eating on hold and have what I feel like (and enjoy)!

I've noticed a few places such as Wetherspoons marking 'healthier' meals on their menu for those who are after something lighter.

Cubana tapas bar on Trippet Lane has an amazing selection of healthy tapas dishes, They've even got their resident DJ (Mark Jones, a friend of mine) producing top quality homemade organic dulces (Spanish for Sweets)

The following was featured on page 2 of the Sheffield Telegraph this week:

Imagine biting into a gourmet chocolate cake filled with a whisky chocolate ganache and finished with a honey sweetened chocolate glaze and caramelised hazelnut, so rich you feel guilty eating or a banana & rum soaked raisin cake spiced with cinnamon and vanilla and laced with a Havana Club rum syrup finish that satisfies every craving.

Now imagine that these delights contain certified organic ingredients, have no refined sugars, no hydrogenated oils or trans fatty acids, and no artificial colouring or additives.

You need not imagine nor feel guilty anymore. Mark and Cubana are proud to present the freshest, finest and healthiest home-made hand baked desserts available, offering customers a healthier alternative with fewer calories.

Mark’s passion for baking started from his experience working as a patissier in Switzerland and Germany. Mark said: “ I like to listen to a choice selection of music whilst making my cakes. The secret to making a quality cake is to use a blend of the finest organic ingredients that compliment each another, the same principle is applied when selecting the right mix of tracks whilst dee-jaying – in essence, the end product depends on the individuality and creativity that is put into the whole process.”

Check it out!!!

sounds amazing!

does the menu tell you its healthy?

would the 'healthy' status put anyone off?

should restaurants have as much a duty to monitor our food as school cooks have to for kids?

questions questions!

I'm looking for some opinions on healthy eating in restaurants...

should menus contain nutritional info, and should chefs make every effort to avoid trans-fats and refined sugars?

or is it a realm we should keep separate from the healthy trend, and just indulge in ignorance?

Cubana tapas bar on Trippet Lane has an amazing selection of healthy tapas dishes,

I have to say I had the worse "tapas" ever in there, everything was in some kind of tomato soup sauce, most of the food was just warm and it was generally not nice.

The music was good though.

Archived