My reply from the F.A.

What, gaining promotion?

From the Premiership to where ..The New Super league if there ever is one?

Actually what i meant was that in 15 years Blades can look at videos showing us beating the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle, Boro etc and drawing with Liverpool and just losing to Man U and Chelsea etc.

I doubt this has anything to do with the original thread but to follow on from the latest posts.

This is not a slight on any wendy fan at all but i remember " when i was a lad i saw Currie score the best goal by any Sheffield player against West Ham "

Then back to the real world it does not matter who did what to whom 10 or 15 years ago.

However it does matter to any fan now what happens in the here and now and what could happen in the future.

Blackpool,Huddersfield Town etc were all big clubs at one time but they probably will stop at the level they are at now does this ring a bell?

Realistically wendy could get to the prem anything is possible but the infrastructure is not there and will not be even if someone comes in with huge amounts of money. Transition takes time and the decline that wendy have been in will take the same amount of time to get out of again.

This is all might be's and could be's but the matter is where can United be in say 3-5 years time with the expansive,forward thinking board that we have?

For us it is an upward curve for wendy at the moment it is stagnation.

Think as much of the past as you like blue boys it means jack, but the future is important and is it somethink can you look forward to? no

I doubt this has anything to do with the original thread but to follow on from the latest posts.

This is not a slight on any wendy fan at all but i remember " when i was a lad i saw Currie score the best goal by any Sheffield player against West Ham "

A quality goal from a quality player :thumbsup:

What about the one he scored against Liverpool :D

Can only just remember the one against West Ham CB.

I was about 5 at that time and the memory comes back because it is played every so often on tv.

Other goals such as Colin Morris's against Bristol City, the partnership of Deane and Agana all good memories but it is what happens now and what is to come that is important at the moment.

UTB

Archived