RIP, Jock, oldest surviving FA cup final player, and Blades Hall-Of Famer

Ephraim "Jock" Dodds, believed to be the oldest-surviving FA cup finalist, has passed away at the grand old age of 91.

He scored 114 goals, in 178 appearances for the Blades during his 5-year tenure back in the 1930s.

He was in the Sheffield United team which played Arsenal in the 1936 cup final, in which the Blades lost, 1-0.

His last appearance for the Blades was in March 1939, in a derby against Sheffield Wednesday, before his record-breaking sale to Blackpool for £10,000.

He was inducted into the Blades hall of fame in 2001.

Rest in peace, Jock.

Jock Dodds was a legend at'lane when I first entered the oldest ground in the world. He could shoot from the half way line and the ball would skim over the ground. They became known as " grass cutters ', a great player and a credit to football.

Hall of Fame, christ has everything got to be American.

waffer, please don't bring mockery into this thread, it's unnecessary.

I posted this thread to honour an elderly man of 91, who was a legend, and record breaker in his own right, not for the childish to gloat, and to dishonour his memory.

Have a bit of respect, please.

I haven't taken the mickey on the thread over there, ( http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=191068) about Owls legend John Ritchie's passing away.

waffer, please don't bring mockery into this thread, it's unnecessary.

I posted this thread to honour an elderly man of 91, who was a legend, and record breaker in his own right, not for the childish to gloat, and to dishonour his memory.

Have a bit of respect, please.

I haven't taken the mickey on the thread over there, ( http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=191068) about Owls legend John Ritchie's passing away.

Once a dipstick, always a dipstick I guess.

Don't count him/her as a normal Owls fan. :gag:

Archived