The Dronfield 10K

Jonnymango

Anybody doing the Dronfield 10k the weekend after next? What is the general standard of entrants and what is the course like?

I'm a kind of novice and don't want to finish last!

I did the 10 km "FUN RUN" last year for the first time, no training, just did it. I did come last.:( So I have to beat that this year, the left knee let me down, damn it to hell. That may answer your question on general standards? But it doesn't matter, standards don't enter into it really, it's for charity, so it's immaterial whether you're good, bad or indifferent, have a go. As to what's the course like. I found it hard it, damn that left knee, it let me down. I'm told by people who are more experienced than I that it's quite a tough run. There are some long uphill stretches, and they don't seem to have a downhill bit.This time I've done a few circuits of Graves Park with a knee support to help so hopefully I'll come next to last. But I will finish.:thumbsup:

Archived