The Norton, Meadowhead

Birty

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, most of them seem to be these days. Besides, it was a few years ago since we went last time, and I can't remember what it was like!

Does anyone know what the Mossbrook at Eckington is now it's also no longer a Beefeater?

• 4 weeks later...

Called in for the second time since it reopened yesterday after the match, so I thought I'd give a very quick report.

Didn't have anything to eat (never do in pubs - gets in the way of the beer :hihi: ), but it was nice to see the handpumps on the bar - had to have Stella last time ........

Three real ales on, Bass (£2.15), Abbot Ale (£2.05), and Pedigree (£1.95). Nothing adventurous there then, but I suppose it's the company's deals which bring the beers in ........

I was surprised to see the weakest of the beers being the most expensive though ........

I hope it was just a touch of teething problems, but the first pint of both Bass, and Pedigree were cloudy, and needed to be changed, and the second ones were a touch hazy, but just a touch.

The Abbot, however, looked tiptop. All three tasted ok, though I had to have a second pint of Bass as the first never touched the sides :hihi: ; it was hot, and we'd won. That's my excuse.

Under 18's are allowed until 9, and they're open until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.

Service as friendly as ever, and it's nice to have my post match pub open again!

....Three real ales on, Bass (£2.15), Abbot Ale (£2.05), and Pedigree (£1.95). Nothing adventurous there then, but I suppose it's the company's deals which bring the beers in ........

I was surprised to see the weakest of the beers being the most expensive though ........

Not wishing to undermine the OP, but three words happyhippy - Rising Sun, Nethergreen.

Owned by Abbeydale Breweries, Ten handpulled beers on at any one time (four by Abbeydale, six turned round very frequently from independent/micro breweries) and eight(?) draught continental lagers, vast selection of bottled stuff.

All kept and served perfectly.

I thought I'd died and gone to pub heaven when I (re) discovered it before Christmas :thumbsup:

Note: Dog friendly and non smoking throughout.

*Feels thirsty*

Not wishing to undermine the OP, but three words happyhippy - Rising Sun, Nethergreen.

Owned by Abbeydale Breweries, Ten handpulled beers on at any one time (four by Abbeydale, six turned round very frequently from independent/micro breweries) and eight(?) draught continental lagers, vast selection of bottled stuff.

All kept and served perfectly.

I thought I'd died and gone to pub heaven when I (re) discovered it before Christmas :thumbsup:

Note: Dog friendly and non smoking throughout.

*Feels thirsty*

I used to like that place, and haven't been since it basically became the Abbeydale Tap. Partly because it's miles away from me.

Not been in since my old mate Jack the Gas took me for a pint after a bit of moonlighting.

Mmmmmmmm ............ Black Mass ...........

Archived