Anyone in to CB radio in 1980s?

kirky

Originally posted by Appolo

I was on the CB in the 80s my Handle was Guy Fawkes & my 20 was Malin Bridge.My girlfriend at the time ( now my wife ) used to play hell because everytime she tried to talk to me, we got breaker on the side & before we could converse I would have a circle of breakers from all over the place.

These are some of the Handles I remember

Multi Storey Hi Ya Paul Picture Gallery Monte Carlo IXL Archer Oddjob Icemaiden & Slimjim 2 Yellow Rose Bluesky 1 Cockney Moody Blues Paleface Raging Bull Gunner, must be hundreds Iv'e forgotten

Guy Fawkes Steve

Steve, are you the same Guy Fawkes that used to go to the Steel City Breakers on Staniforth Road?

I remember a lot of Breakers but I'll only menation a few.

Kiki Dee (the wife)

Capricorn (me)

Tandy man

Slinger

Toy maker

Captainslog

Saint

Primrose

Originally posted by stevie1957

Steve, are you the same Guy Fawkes that used to go to the Steel City Breakers on Staniforth Road?

I remember a lot of Breakers but I'll only menation a few.

Kiki Dee (the wife)

Capricorn (me)

Tandy man

Slinger

Toy maker

Captainslog

Saint

Primrose

Yep the same 1, also one of the founder members of The Breakers Charity Organisation We raised loads of money for Whirlow Farm as well as supplying special rigs for disabled breakers small world aint it lol

Originally posted by davep

Were you one of the few when CB came on air legally back in 1981 ? Me and the wife both had sets, MEBO and AVON LADY were the handles. Anyone remember us ?

I was on CB in the late eighties using FALCON as my call sign, got talking to a guy called JOLLY GREEN GIANT and try saying that when youv'e had a few bevies Ha Ha :clap::heyhey::hihi::thumbsup::loopy:

I remember being up in court in circa 1979 charged with an offence under the Wireless and Telegraphy Act 1949. Fined £40 & confiscated my rig as well. All because I was shopped by the guy on Ecclesall Rd (next door to the Nursery Tavern) who sold me most of it.

We live and learn!

Originally posted by Appolo

I was on the CB in the 80s my Handle was Guy Fawkes & my 20 was Malin Bridge.My girlfriend at the time ( now my wife ) used to play hell because everytime she tried to talk to me, we got breaker on the side & before we could converse I would have a circle of breakers from all over the place.

These are some of the Handles I remember

Multi Storey Hi Ya Paul Picture Gallery Monte Carlo IXL Archer Oddjob Icemaiden & Slimjim 2 Yellow Rose Bluesky 1 Cockney Moody Blues Paleface Raging Bull Gunner, must be hundreds Iv'e forgotten

Guy Fawkes Steve

Hi Steve.

Nice to hear from you after all these years.

Multi Storey was my handel.

I remember GGs at Norfolk Bridge, the CB club at Grimesthorpe and mostly Guy Foukes.

Upteen more to, I lived in a multi Storey flat in 1981 when i came on air and used to get national copies on a DX27 on a biscuit tin.

Originally posted by Cycleracer

Hi Steve.

Nice to hear from you after all these years.

Multi Storey was my handel.

I remember GGs at Norfolk Bridge, the CB club at Grimesthorpe and mostly Guy Foukes.

Upteen more to, I lived in a multi Storey flat in 1981 when i came on air and used to get national copies on a DX27 on a biscuit tin.

Hi Paul Multi Storey a blast from the past must be 20 + yrs sent you a PM & An email but back to the topic

CB in the 8os We all remember the music players the bucketmouths & the dead keyers probably the main reason we are not still on the CB but what about the realy good things we can remember

Nearly all my family were on the CB & it was a very cheap way to communicate between us

I met my 3rd wife (Still married :D ) through CB

Met friends I still communicate with now 20+ years later

If there was any trouble or I needed assistance somebody would be round to help

Didn't have Internet in the early days so CB was a means of talking to people sometimes over great distances especially when 1 went out to the Moors or realy high ground ,still got loads of QSL Cards from Breakers Abroad

Nice to see the thread is still going strong.

I was looking for something in the outhouse earlier, and came across an SWR meter. God, that brings back memories. Must sort that damn outhouse out at some time. If I can find the meter, goodness knows what else might be in there. No rigs, I don't think though.

I know for a fact that the 18ft dipole is still up on our flat roof, though it's horizontal at the moment.

If I can get hold of a rig, might go on and try it, just for the laugh.:)