Anyone in to CB radio in 1980s?

kirky

if you mean same name as in cb handle i did.. my handle was general lee (personal lee) and there was also a general lee (personal dean) from pitsmoor.. i think my cousin was also known as general lee (personal tony) on old am bands

For the 100 posting.

Did anyone, ever have or meet someone with the same, ' Name '?

There were two vipers on during the 90's. Lived pretty close to each other too but I don't think they ever spoke to each other :huh:. One changed their handle eventually I think.

There were lots of similar handles kicking about which caused some entertaining amusement :hihi:

During the 1970 and 80s I travelled all over the country using ' teamaker ' and I never met another.

I acquired the name from another breaker called ' SledgeHammer '. The first time I had a go on his Rig was on a night shift at work in the early hours, The man who I was speaking to asked me, my handle. ( or is it Angle?). Initially I didn't realise what he was talking about!! So I asked SledgeHammer who had just seen me making a cup of tea. Hence - Teamaker.

Happy days were the CB Days but thigs move on.

How did you get your CB Name?

Another superb thread on this marvellous website :)

I was on the rig in the early 80s from the Gleadless Valley area, handle "Silver Eagle". Starting off with a Magmount on a biscuit tin (those SWR readings!!!), progressing to a di-pole and then finally a GP27. My "good buddies" were Buck Rodgers, HM1 through to HM4, Firecracker.......there were so many yet i've forgotten their handles!!.

Absolutely great days, especially going mobile on foot with a few CB'ers with a hand-held rig, calling in and surprising a few people along the way!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Breaker break good buds....

I remember angledust, queen bee. wow :-)))

I was back then a 'Captain Scott' with a stupid american whine, but now have a completely different name (and psyche but that's by the by....) I used to use a family friend's cb rig, he was called Monte Carlo from Parson Cross.... I would love to know how he is, as he's either getting on, or gone to another wonderful world...

I also remember a Golden Girl but cannot remember other names.

Never got to eyeball anyone.....

Krystyna

Wow .. takes me back a little I had a few handles first copper cloud and then angeldust I used to spend a lot of time at chris (concord) at wisewoods house there were loads of us.. there were also the eyeballs at dial house did anyone ever go to them?

havent used a c.b for about ten years now