Anyone in to CB radio in 1980s?

kirky

i was on the cb from 79 right up till 2006 my handle was compo iam still in maltby as you can see i still use my fab radio name to sign in with same as my handle compo on other forums persnal name andrew

• 1 year later...

Originally Posted by traceyduz

i remember cockney rebel and bright eyes....they were really good friends of my mum Shy Girl from Hinde House....what lovely times we had....gigi's on a saturday night it was packed..then we would all go to Bradfield to sit and try to get other side of the world on cb

was bright eyes personal cathy ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remeber them. i went to beat cockney rebel on Darnal for beating bright eyes. i know bright eyes. yes her name WAS Cathy and yes i did get engaged to her in staniforth arms on staniforth road. oh and yes my name is Tony!!!!!

just come across this thread - brought back happy memories - spoke to quite a few of the names listed - mine was guardian angel , hubby was shy talk but then he changed it to bulldozer, still has his cb radio, - he got the wally hat quite a few times at our cb club.

Tweakie = John. I remember he once lobbed a snowball through my bedroom window; I changed my badge to "You have just snowballed Red Shadow".

Anyone remember the (albeit short-lived) Hamlet CB club, once based somewhere off Abbeydale Road before moving up to Heeley ?

i remember cockney rebel and bright eyes....they were really good friends of my mum Shy Girl from Hinde House....what lovely times we had....gigi's on a saturday night it was packed..then we would all go to Bradfield to sit and try to get other side of the world on cb:hihi:

Hi

did your mum get her name from an orniment (figure ) in youe house ?

• 2 weeks later...
Is CB radio still popular? I have my old rig up the attic.....I wonder if it still works......it certainly did when I packed it away in 1984.......must be an antique now...anyone still on the airwaves in Sheffield?

If anybody has an old FM rig that works,can i have first refusal please?

I am still using a Binatone 5 Star,that has been moded to 80 ch,and a power tweek,its a superb rig with good looks aswell.

Im a lorry driver,and we still use CB radios to communicate to each other.

Does anybody remember me from High Green 76 - 82.My handle was marathon man,and the CB scene was HUGE back then.

We met at the working mens club,and had treasure hunts eyeballs etc.

I remember Christine from near Angram Bank school,but forget her handle.

Anyway,and CB rig offers to me please,but must be cheep.or free.