Anyone in to CB radio in 1980s?

kirky

It was 'The Forge' pub on Newhall Road run by Sid & Mary where there used to be a CB club meet every Friday Night, good times were had by all....lol.

Also not forgetting 'The Breakers Hideaway' at Grimesthorpre Club not far away. Happy Days.

Beamish

can anybody, rememember we had our own magazine BREAKER and we all had to register our handles with the home office via the mag so the home secretary could see the numbers involved and give us a legal channel!! what a crock of **** that was!! auntie mary was ended and we all got the new fm. and when i say all i mean the kids all got them for that xmas ,you could buy them from tandys , woolworth ,halfords ,and in ya mams catalogue !! we was bombarded with that many idiots online. no channel disapline and no parential guidence , so most breakers called it a day !! catweazle yd4

Edited by spanner 1954
just wanted to add my call sign ( handle ) so others will know me .

CB Radio User Eddie Fisherman, Sadly Passed Away.

Terminator kindly started a thread in memory of Eddie Fisherman under Sheffield discussions thought I would put link here in case you wanted to read

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=346621

MMM I forgot to post nightmare passed away as well dave but everyone called him steve.

• 1 month later...

i was blue bandit in the illeagal days,there was only a handfull at the start,anyone rembers me give me a holla good to relive old memories,specially down at GG,s the sandwich wagon at attercliffe,i was often there in my american car,made a lot of good friends at all of the eyeballs many used to come in josephines where i wroked,we also had a cb shop on langset road,respect and regards