Anyone in to CB radio in 1980s?

kirky

BLIMEY this takes me back my handle was SPECIAL K.....Lived up wisewood at the time, had it set up in the garden shed had some good eyeballs, but thinking back they were in some strange bloody places[ how niave ] but they were all good people [ more luck than judgement ]......1-9 a copy come back !!!!!

i was blue bandit in the illeagal days,there was only a handfull at the start,anyone rembers me give me a holla good to relive old memories,specially down at GG,s the sandwich wagon at attercliffe,i was often there in my american car,made a lot of good friends at all of the eyeballs many used to come in josephines where i wroked,we also had a cb shop on langset road,respect and regards

Which CB shop on Langsett Road? IXL?

If anybody has an old FM rig that works,can i have first refusal please?

I am still using a Binatone 5 Star,that has been moded to 80 ch,and a power tweek,its a superb rig with good looks aswell.

Im a lorry driver,and we still use CB radios to communicate to each other.

Does anybody remember me from High Green 76 - 82.My handle was marathon man,and the CB scene was HUGE back then.

We met at the working mens club,and had treasure hunts eyeballs etc.

I remember Christine from near Angram Bank school,but forget her handle.

Anyway,and CB rig offers to me please,but must be cheep.or free.

Was it Cashtill?

The station at NGH was disused when I joined at Lodge Moor but it was still there.

I had a show with Mike Thompson and Bruce Fernell and we would go round hospitals at night interviewing the patients and recording them then editing it and putting it on our show.

Mike was a brilliant DJ, me and Bruce were just his hand rags really, but i did eventually get my own show,.

Gordon Harrison was the main man in charge and I remember Pete Kelsey who was the engineer.

Also remember an interview done by Bob Monkhouse who called into the studio to discuss his career with us.

Oooh, sorry should'nt go on about Northern radio, this is a thread about CB.

Regarding CBs does anyone remember the meetings at Gee Gees and Grimesthorpe club, and the nortorius wisperer.

:hihi:I remember Gsgs,i was called calendar girl(Canklow rotherham)and i married HG:roll:

• 8 months later...