Attercliffe pubs

minusten

Hi,

Can anyone give me any information on the old TRAMCAR INN ? when did it close ? did it ever reopen ? if so when did it close for good and when was it demolished ? was it situated directly opposite the golden ball / turnpike at the end of leeds road ? any feed back would be helpfull.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the delayed response, I've just seen this. The Tramcar was still in existence and trading at least into the seventies.

There are a few pictures of it in various books. Can't remember off hand which books but I can find out if you want to get hold of some.

Hi,

Can anyone give me any information on the old TRAMCAR INN ? when did it close ? did it ever reopen ? if so when did it close for good and when was it demolished ? was it situated directly opposite the golden ball / turnpike at the end of leeds road ? any feed back would be helpfull.

the tramcar pub,was at the top of clay street.1 road down,from newhall road

Hi,

Cheers for that would appreciate it if you could find out the book titles.

If it saves AKADOK searching, I have found one book that has a couple of pictures of the 'Tram Car' in it (both the same but one a close up), It is 'Where Sparrows Coughed', the author was; Frank Hartley and it was published by; Sheaf Publishing, the book I have was printed around 1988 so I don't know if it will still be in print.

I have a book called "101 Pictures Of Lost Sheffield Pubs".

The page for The Tramcar has one picture and the following text "The Tramcar - 851 Attercliffe Road, a well known pub and appropriately named as Sheffield had the finest electric tram system in the world"

They sound like the ones I have. The Lost Pubs one is by JP Turley. Both are dead good, but might now be out of print. If you can't find either one minusten, drop us a PM with your postal address and I'll sort you out with one or the other, free and for nowt.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived