Rock nights in Sheffield

greenrat

Friday nights - White Bear in Ecclesfield - I run a rock request night.

Saturday nights - Moorfoot Tavern, down the bottom of the Moor. I run another rock night, along with a live rock band. Free entrance to both and decently priced beer.

The Nelson at the top of the Moor (diagonally opposite from Debenhams) is run by a mate of mine. Full time rock/goth/metal type bar. And hes a top bloke.

Its Just a stones thow from Corporation which has a Rock night on Saturday but a bit more uptempo with bits of skate and hiphop on friday with Drop.

From your avatar, I'd say you like NOFX. Do you also like Bouncing Souls, Rancid, Sublime, AFI, Dwarves, Alkaline Trio etc? If you do, go in the small room on Friday in Corporation.

sorry to say this but not much chance of getting the above bands played a lot in any of the rock pubs on a sat maybe 1~2 tracks at the most !! weekends are mostly 80s rock

upstairs in the nelson may play some and buffy will play you a few tracks if she has it

the corp~night club has a room upstairs that maybe your best bet:thumbsup:

and the nelson has a few nights in the week that may be good 4 you :thumbsup:

but if you like 80s rock saturday nights yours :thumbsup: in sheffield :hihi:

thank god im in london this weekend :thumbsup:

buffy will play you a few tracks if she has it

...and I usually do. Plus I work closely with the bands that play with me at the Moorfoot Tavern so you're always guaranteed a good rockin' Saturday night down there.

For Fridays if you want to get out of town for a local rock night, I'm up at the White Bear in Ecclesfield for a request night - for all types of new and old rock.

...and I usually do. Plus I work closely with the bands that play with me at the Moorfoot Tavern so you're always guaranteed a good rockin' Saturday night down there.

For Fridays if you want to get out of town for a local rock night, I'm up at the White Bear in Ecclesfield for a request night - for all types of new and old rock.

as buffy said good night i have been lots more new suff :thumbsup:

yea, you're prob into the same sorta stuff I am. Get ure ass to the little room at corp on Fridays, failing that, the DnR bar opposite TJHughes in town centre usually plays some pretty decent stuff in the evening. Tis a proper punk rock pub.

Other than that, tbh, theres not much else (that I know of) that play the kinda stuff you might like. Altho, Sheff uni does a cpl proper punkrock nights called "Hopskotch". They have a Myspace page, so look them up to see when the next one is.

Hopefully that'l help love!

Archived