Bridesmaids dresses

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Can anyone recommend someone who can alter my bridesmaid dress please?

I've just been down to London for my fitting for my friend's wedding which is in a months time and the problem is that its too small on the waist and so needs lettting out, the woman in the shop has said it might need some fabric taken from the hem to make panels down the sides-thanks so much to anyone who can help!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have myself a bit of a problem.... I'm not sure who to have as my bridesmaids. I know I definitely want my sister as one and my little cousin, but I have a group of really close friends who I am unable to pick between. So do I ask them all to be a bridesmaid (there would be 6 or 7 in total) or just have my sister and my cousin?? :confused:

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Hi

I would say it depends on the size of your wedding. We got married a few weeks ago and I just had my best friend and our niece but we just got married in the register office and any more would have looked over the top

If you are having a big wedding then 6/7/8/9 and even 10 nowadays is ok.

Hope this helps!!

Who do you want - honestly - to be your bridesmaids? Are you under pressure to ask your friends or do you want to have them as bridesmaids?

I'm sure if you just wanted your cousin and sister as bridesmaids then your friends would understand. You could just explain that you couldn't choose between your friends and so would have to have them all and then just say that you couldn't afford to do that! It may be that some of your friends disn't want to be bridesmaids after all! Maybe you could give them extra jobs like organising the hen night, or even taking the bidesmaids shopping for their outfits - as long as you brief them first!!

Or you could just ask your friends if any of them do want to be bridesmaids. Ask them to be truthful and explain that you don't mind if they don't. That way you cut the numbers down but you haven't offended anyone by not having all the friends as bridesmaids.

If you want them all, and can afford it, then have them all. It's your wedding. You've got to do what you want to do!!

I have loads of nieces and nephews and I decided not to have any bridesmaids and pageboys .I am having my sister she is 26 as my matron.I have two sons 13 and 11 and didn't want to spend a fortune on bridesmaids if my own two were not doing anything [they refuse to be pageboys as they are too old :hihi:] May have been different if I had a girl though.I think it is YOUR choice if you want loads have them but dont feel obliged or bullied into it.:)

Archived