Bridesmaids dresses

speaking of black dresses, I :love: this!

http://www.donnasaladouk.com/collection/2007/images/Acacia.html

better not change my colour scheme now though :hihi:

wow - that is really cool!

Went into St Paul's a few weeks ago and there was a wedding on. Bride was wearing black and white, bridesmaids we in blcak and all guests were in black and white. It look so classy. Would take some planning though and guests would need loads of notice!

• 4 weeks later...
speaking of black dresses, I :love: this!

http://www.donnasaladouk.com/collection/2007/images/Acacia.html

better not change my colour scheme now though :hihi:

Thats just what I have done but luckily I only have one bridesmaid.We decided on a dark red with black net prom dress.My sister [bridesmaid]lives 100 miles away and tried a black bridesmaid dress on in a bridal shop and sent me some photo's.She really liked the dress so we have gone for black.My colour scheme is red and ivory flowers with black ribbon, my ivory dress and black bridesmaid dress.

hi girls!

i'm thinking of having bridesmaid dresses made - does anyone have any recommendations for a good dressmaker??

plus I'm thinking green for the bridesmaids, but I don't want everyone telling me its unlucky, has anyone had experience of green bridesmaids dresses?

I have a number for you joey I will pm you
Could you PM it to me too please? :)

Do you know roughly how much you would expect to pay for a dressmaker to make 4 adult bridesmaids dresses? I know all different designs would cost different amounts but just to get an idea.

Hi everyone,

well my big day draws ever so closer :o

I am having 2 bridesmaids, one being 6 yrs old and the other being 27. I bought the 6yr olds dress a few months ago and she looks stunning in it. I had to wait to get the other dress as my older bridesmaid was pregnant. She gave birth a couple of weeks ago and I let everything settle down before taking her for her dress. BIG MISTAKE! I took her today and they don't have the dress in her size! I wanted to get her a shortish skirt and a bodice in burgundy. So, I tried getting the skirt in a different colour but keep with the bodice being burgundy, I rang the store (BHS) and she was very helpful and checked the other stores. It seems because it is a very fashionable colour this season they have sold out practically everywhere!!! They think there is 2 in Southhampton and 1 in Nottingham but we wont know until I ring the store tomorrow. I'm so annoyed! I know there was nothing I could do but as always something has to go wrong.

I'm now looking at internet sites for other possibilities, any recomendations would be very helpful.

Thanks

xxx

Archived