Xbox ing

DaFoot

• 3 weeks later...

Robbie:

To get onto xbox live you need an existing ADSL (aka broadband) connection at full 512Kbps rate.

You then need to get hold of an account starter pack - these come with 1st years subscription + headset. Or get a 2 month trial with many 'live enabled' games.

Conner:

Using xbox live it is possible to setup games with only people you invite, but it just not the same as getting bunch of people together, drinking beer and flicking Vs at each other when they die/kill!

Originally posted by dafoot

Using xbox live it is possible to setup games with only people you invite, but it just not the same as getting bunch of people together, drinking beer and flicking Vs at each other when they die/kill!

ah yes the frag dance :gag:

<note: careful spellchecking went into the above comment>

'the frag-dance' - good name for it :)

For live you should be ok to go out and buy a starter pack and u be off (will need games that are capable of live play - not all are).

Check you config...if using a seperate ADSL router/firewall on network type setup u can plug xbox into this via UTP patch cable. Other wise if usb modem attached to PC for ADSL then u need network cable to go from xbox to PC network card. Tho I not had any expirience connecting this way (I have separate router for home network) I been told it is easy to do.

if you do have a usb adsl modem then i would recommend going with the hub/switch option as you can get them really cheap these days from someone like http://www.scan.co.uk

think there is one in there for something like 17 quid!! gives you more flexibility for the future and thats about the same price as the network card you would have to buy to do it the other way :) well maybe a little more expensive but like i say there are other advantages.

Archived