Yummy School dinners!

Litha, i think sheffield was a different country for school dinners!!!

we're foreigners!!!

HEEHEE ill have to ask hubby bout rice n cheese croquettes and sausage meat pie see if he remembers them, we have talked bout school dinners loadsa times before and everything he says he had i did to ( hes a sheffielder) mind you wen i come over here to live with him ide never heard of a cake butty or seen a flat yorkshire pudding :hihi: :hihi:

I'm still none the wiser on those two Litha....

but then i married a derbyshire lad and moved here... no-one taught me sheffield food :(

well apart from fishcakes ;)

i was brought up with them little round orange things been a fishcake and the other was a fish scollop. hubby swears me blind the little round orange things are called rissoles, but when i was little a rissole had mince type stuff in it. :hihi:

yup!! I was the same! Rissole is like a burger!

I still like both kinds of fishcake (well i would if i could eat them!)

I was once in a chippy in Whitby and asked for a fishcake... they guy serving was from barnsley and asked if i wanted a sheffield fishcake or a barnsley fishcake... i told him i wanted a donny fishcake and i got a 'rissole' :hihi:

Archived