Yummy School dinners!

i used to love school dinners.

i remember the cheese croquets...they were my fav, also remember the sausage pie...that was lovley too. cheese flan also went down well.

does any one else remember the pastry and mincemeat they used to serve up?

i used to love the deserts mainly cos i used to like the "skin" that would top the custard and loved the wagon wheels mentioned above. australian crunch was on the menu in my secondery school and even though i went to the shops for lunch would always pop into dinner hall to buy an austrailian crunch...yummy

i used to love cheese and rice croquetts.i have tried making them and they taste nearly the same.

strong cheese

cooked pudding rice

an egg

worchester sauce

salt and pepper

mix all together then leave to chill in the fridge for 24 hours.when this is done make into croquettes roll them in egg then breadcrumbs and deep fry.taste yummy

:hihi: :hihi: and what about when they thought they were giving us a treat ... the nasty watery milkshake, and sometimes on really cold wet play times we would get very nasty watery hot chocolate. it tasted awful but we all got really excited about it anyway

i used to love cheese and rice croquetts.i have tried making them and they taste nearly the same.

strong cheese

cooked pudding rice

an egg

worchester sauce

salt and pepper

mix all together then leave to chill in the fridge for 24 hours.when this is done make into croquettes roll them in egg then breadcrumbs and deep fry.taste yummy

I've just made millet and chesse croquettes, never had them at school but lived on them on honeymoon as a shop in the nearest town sold them (glutenfree snacks WOOO!!!) and i had one almost every day for lunch :D

very similar recipe but i added a bit of onion and pepper too :)

If I had 12 school dinners I would be streaching it the fish and chippy just down from Hurlfield Boys was the go everyday 1/2 a cob filled with real chips.

Cob and 6d of chips.

Totally brilliant, seagulls used to feast on the bread you ripped out.

Archived