Yummy School dinners!

oooo yeah em, the jam rolypoly ooooo and chocolate sponge with chocolate custard ( but the dinner ladies insisted it was called chocolate sauce ) :D

I loved chocolate pudding so much I broke my nose on a table leg running for second helpings. And still these sweets are a weakness of mine.

Has anybody managed to make cheese pie that tastes like the school one?.....had many a cheese pie/flan over the years.....nothing comes close to the school one.......i still crave it after all these years :)

I remember ice cream with hot butterscotch sauce, Mmmmmmmmmm (Drools)

So glad you mentioned butterscotch sauce and ice cream, my wife never believes me when I mention it in conversation. I had this at Westways at Crookes. Could not stand the semolina and rice pudding, always had a sweet tooth for the desserts.:bigsmile:

I remember that shepherds pie was my favourite. We had half moon shaped spam fritters with tomato sauce that was warm, like tomato soup. I hated it when school mash had lumps in though. I also hated it when it was new potatoes too. I only really liked school roast potatoes. When they occasionally gave us chips they were limp and soggy.

I remember when it was "meat" I have no idea what meat it was, probably lamb, but it was always fatty.

At secondary school after a few years they brought in a cafeteria type choice system. Basically this was the same old school dinners, but you could have a salad instead. There was a choice of pudding, stodge and custard, or cheese and biscuits or yogurt. I cant say I really enjoyed them, but I tried sandwiches and soon got sick of those so went back to dinners.

I remember that shepherds pie was my favourite. We had half moon shaped spam fritters with tomato sauce that was warm, like tomato soup. I hated it when school mash had lumps in though. I also hated it when it was new potatoes too. I only really liked school roast potatoes. When they occasionally gave us chips they were limp and soggy.

I remember when it was "meat" I have no idea what meat it was, probably lamb, but it was always fatty.

At secondary school after a few years they brought in a cafeteria type choice system. Basically this was the same old school dinners, but you could have a salad instead. There was a choice of pudding, stodge and custard, or cheese and biscuits or yogurt. I cant say I really enjoyed them, but I tried sandwiches and soon got sick of those so went back to dinners.

thanks for that den!!

• 11 months later...

Archived