The Queens Head - High Green

We will be having a couple of real ales, as yet we haven't decided which ones, as awaiting list from brewery on what they offer and what we have to choose from.

I'm a bitter/real ale drinker myself, so can guarantee that it will be a good choice :hihi:

Once all details are sorted out then I will be posting what we are offering drink wise, food wise and entertainment wise.

We are looking to be setting up a fishing team. Anyone who can offer any help/advice in doing this, can you please PM me or email the below address.

Also anyone who would be interested in being the secretary/treasurer of the fishing team and hold previous experience in this role, please PM me or Email:

QueensHeadS35@AOL.COM

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

We have been open now for 2.5 weeks and finally i have been able to get back on line to update.

To answer all the PM's i have received, AND I DO APPOLOGISE FOR THE DELAY - here we go.

OPENING TIMES ARE: 12 NOON TILL 11.30pm SUNDAY TO THURSDAY

12 NOON TILL 12.30am FRIDAY & SATURDAY

Our draught range is KRONENBOURG, FOSTERS ICE, CARLING EXTRA COLD, STONES, J SMITH'S, STRONGBOW

cask ales are BLACK SHEEP & TETLEYS CASK.

the usual fridge and spirit range.

WE OFFER FOOD BETWEEN 12noon - 2pm & 5pm - 8pm Monday till Friday

12 till 8pm Saturday ( please call as this varies)

12 till 3pm Sunday.

We have a no smoking area as well as a smoking area till the 1st of July then it will all be non smoking.

We have provisioned for this by building a rear smoking bay with heated lights.

We have a vast decking area to the front of the building which will be a seating area once the benches arrive, and also have a beer garden that will half be covered by seating as well as a grass area for the children.

Both the front of the building and the rear have disabled access as well as a seperate disabled toilet and we are the first public house in the whole of High Green to have all these provisions in place.

At the moment we don't have a pool table but one has been ordered and will arrive within the next 2 weeks.

A football team as been set up and ready to play next season in the over 35's league.

Once the pool table is installed we will be looking for players to play in both the summer and winter leagues.

Yes we will have a domino, darts and crib team and are currently looking for people with this experience to come and set this up.

We also hope to be starting a women's dart team as well.

ON THE 23rd OF APRIL, WE WILL BE HAVING A ST GEORGES QUIZ NIGHT. PRIZE WILL BE 1 GALLON OF ALE TO THE WINNER/S AND THERE WILL BE A RAFFLE CONSOLATION PRIZE OF A COUPLE OF PINTS. ENTRY IS FREE SO WHY NOT COME ALONG AND CELEBRATE OUR DAY LIKE THE IRISH DO.

I hope this answers everyones questions, if not drop me a pm or email QUEENSHEADS35@AOL.COM or call on 0114 2848075 or 07879290438 and I will be more than happy to answer anymore questions you may have.

THANKS

Jason :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update our St George's Day Celebrations.

from 10am to 12noon we will be holding our first tea & coffee morning, served with Jam scones and cakes etc.

This service will be every monday there after.

It will be normal serving times for meals (12 - 2pm & 5pm - 8pm)

We will be having a disco karaoke evening with a two part quiz in the middle.

All are welcome.:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

from 10am to 12noon we will be holding our first tea & coffee morning, served with cakes etc.

This service will be every monday there after.

It will be normal serving times for meals (12 - 2pm & 5pm - 8pm)

We will be having a disco karaoke evening with a two part quiz in the middle. Also we will be providing a free buffet.

ENTERTAINMENT STARTING APPROX 7PM

We are holding a raffle with all the proceeds going to the children's hospital.

All are welcome.

Archived