Help with Blackpool holiday accommodation

We are taking my 93 year old mother to Blackpool for a weeks holiday when we come over from Oz. I have looked at self catering accommodation on line but cannot find the information I need to make an informed decision. Is there anyone in S/F who can recommend either a caravan site, apartment, flat or cottage at a reasonable rate. We aren't going in the school holiday period by the way.

Now I'll tell you all before you ask why on earth we want to take Mum to Blackpool. It's her choice not ours, we love Cornwall but she wants to go somewhere where there is plenty of people, shops and entertainment.

Good on her I say !!

I think I've got a link saved on another pc. Will have a look later. Haven't been myself, but know someone who has and the pics of the place looks fab.

A week in Blackpool though:loopy: :hihi:

I know, I know, knew this would happen but if you haven't been there ???Thanks though mate would, appreciate any help at all.

I've been to Blackpool a total of 5 times in my near 31 year life.. And loved it every time.,, Last time was when I booked Mum and Dad into a 4 star Hotel just outside Blackpool for their 30th Wedding Anniversary a couple of years back, I went along as well...

I've been to Blackpool a total of 5 times in my near 31 year life.. And loved it every time.,, Last time was when I booked Mum and Dad into a 4 star Hotel just outside Blackpool for their 30th Wedding Anniversary a couple of years back, I went along as well...

Was it expensive and what was it like Rich ?

Can't actually recommend any specific hotels etc, but would suggest heading down the south end and staying in Lytham St Annes. It's A LOT nicer than central Blackpool. It's quite a rich area so it might be a bit more expensive for accomodation, but it's also a bit of a favourite with the older generation, so shops, cafes etc will probably be more to your mum's tastes than the center.

Was it expensive and what was it like Rich ?

For a 4 star it wasn't THAT expensive iirc, only cost me just over £200 for the 3 of us anyway.. Nice place as well, little Holiday Village type thingy with a Hotel in the middle of it which we stayed in, and lots of little Chalets/Flatlets dotted around, well worth the money IMO I just can't remember what they called it :(

Archived