The Young Writers Thread (aged 10-15)

And this is the last one of her stored poems, so she is going to have to get writing new ones now:-

The Old - written March 2006, by Polkie age 10

I've been bound so long to a justice,

Roped so long to a tear,

They say that life will come anew

But new is what I fear

A pressing demon haunts me

A cage around my soul

A prison of darkness, forever

My heart is black as coal

I've known the same for all my life

And I'll be expecting more

I'll walk the paths, the treads, the earth

I've walked all before

Afraid of changes, afraid of new

So scared to be accepting you

But the old will die, the young so fresh

So I'll lay back and accept my death

This contribution breaks the age rules a bit......but I am blatantly pulling rank on this one. (Mantaspook, please delete it if you wish......I don't want to start a trend. :) )

The background to this piece is thus:-

It was written by my grandaughter in late 2003, a year after I had two spells in hospital with heart problems, and only a few days after my brother (her Great Uncle) died following a heart attack.

She wrote the text and accompanied it with a crayoned picure,

A copy of the whole piece in illustrated form is shown on the link I have added below.

HEARTS

By Emily 18-11-03 Aged 7

Big hearts, little hearts

All sorts of hearts

Fat hearts, thin hearts

Middle-sized hearts.

Warm hearts, cold hearts

Red hearts, pink hearts

Blue hearts, purple hearts

And silver hearts too.

Fast hearts, slow hearts

Tough hearts, soft hearts

Good hearts, bad hearts

Sad hearts, happy hearts.

She was not aided in anyway. I know because she did the piece one evening whilst visiting our home. I think, under the circumstances you will realise how poignant it is to me personally.

HEARTS

This is so sweet, I must admit it brought a tear to my eye. I also looked the link up to the picture,she had drawn. Just shows, we dont know what is going through childrens minds do we ? I also didnt know Crayfish was related to the former poster.I will look the Sunday Express up on Google later(Ive got the page number)

This contribution breaks the age rules a bit......but I am blatantly pulling rank on this one. (Mantaspook, please delete it if you wish......I don't want to start a trend. :) )

The background to this piece is thus:-

It was written by my grandaughter in late 2003, a year after I had two spells in hospital with heart problems, and only a few days after my brother (her Great Uncle) died following a heart attack.

She wrote the text and accompanied it with a crayoned picure,

A copy of the whole piece in illustrated form is shown on the link I have added below.

HEARTS

By Emily 18-11-03 Aged 7

Big hearts, little hearts

All sorts of hearts

Fat hearts, thin hearts

Middle-sized hearts.

Warm hearts, cold hearts

Red hearts, pink hearts

Blue hearts, purple hearts

And silver hearts too.

Fast hearts, slow hearts

Tough hearts, soft hearts

Good hearts, bad hearts

Sad hearts, happy hearts.

She was not aided in anyway. I know because she did the piece one evening whilst visiting our home. I think, under the circumstances you will realise how poignant it is to me personally.

HEARTS

That was lovely, no wonder you treasure it, and the picture must have taken her ages, with so much love and care put into it - very touching. She must be really glad to have her grandma still around :)

I also didnt know Crayfish was related to the former poster.I will look the Sunday Express up on Google later(Ive got the page number)

It isn't available online unfortunately, unless you subscribe.

Lol - it seems as though there are a lot of home educators around but in reality it is one family posting a lot :hihi: :hihi:

Only joking, there are quite a few on Sheffield forum, and loads more around offline :)

It isn't available online unfortunately, unless you subscribe.

Lol - it seems as though there are a lot of home educators around but in reality it is one family posting a lot :hihi: :hihi:

Only joking, there are quite a few on Sheffield forum, and loads more around offline :)

Yes, you are right.Ive just googled it, and its not available.What was the article about ?

Archived