CLUB XES! Attercliffe.

Tyranna

As many of you will know, especially the LGBT Community, there have been active 'threads' running on Dempseys and Fuel nightclubs for something like a couple of years now, but there is relatively little posted about what is probably Sheffield's longest running LGBT nightclub, Club Xes at 195, Carlisle St.

I was there last night, Friday, to meet some of my TV/TS friends (The main Les Femmes TV/TS nights are on the second, third, and fourth Fridays every month), and chatted a bit with Matt, who works at the bar, and he told me that Club Xes are doing a new KARAOKE COMPETITION on Sunday nights, starting later this month (I'll update you all with further details). There will be a prize of £100 each Sunday to be won, so this looks well worthwhile as a reason to visit the club on Sundays.

Club Xes is also popular with the 'Bear' Scene as well as the transgendered, and many of the normal, often young, LGB crowd also end up there on Fridays and Saturdays, as it stays open long after all the other clubs have shut. They also have occcasional special events at certain times of the year with entertainment such as strippers, and the Saturday night special 'Housebound'.

As I am not totally familiar with the events on nights other than Friday at Club Xes, as I generally only go on Fridays, try the following weblinks for more information:

http://www.dontstayin.com/uk/sheffield/club-xes gives basic details of the club, including main nights and directions.

http://www.club-xes.com/ is supposed to be the club's Official Website, but I have been unable to find any info specific to the club there at present-all that comes up is a 'default' page with general links to other clubs/events.

Finally, http://www.lesfemmes.freeuk.com/directions.html This is a very good website promoting the Les Femmes TV/TS nights, and the link takes you to their 'directions' page, which is SPOT-ON, in showing the corner location of the club. (Another map I found on the web shows the club located halfway towards the Wicker). There is info about taxis on this page, and free on-street parking is plentiful along Carlisle St. near the club.

The Les Femmes website also gives very comprehensive details about the Transgender scene in Sheffield and South Yorkshire in general.

Hopefully Club Xes's official website will be up and running again soon, and more detailed info about the various events they hold will be available -As I do not want to post any innacurate info re. events/dates/times, I've kept this update on what they are doing short and sweet!:thumbsup:

are straight people allowed to enter
positively encouraged so long as their attitude is right. i've been playing there for about 2 years and i'm straight. its worth going once, especially for housebound which is becoming increasingly popular

• 4 months later...

Archived