CLUB XES! Attercliffe.

Tyranna

its discusting and one of the worst places i have ever had the privalidge of entering. not been for about 2 years

You will be pleasantly surprised, Darren; in just the last year it has had a full refurb, including new floor; it is quite a bit cleaner than many other bars/clubs I have known over the years, and VERY tranny-friendly, as it has hosted our Les Femmes night for over a decade and counting.

My chief bugbear remains the lack of locks on the toilet doors; maybe rather than the cheap 50p ones they last fitted, which kept getting broke, perhaps spend a few quid on large gate-latches securely fitted in the doors; alternatively, clubbers might carry a small strip of metal or a blunt nail to act as a makeshift bolt lol.

• 6 months later...

Just a quickie to update on Club Xes: I'm off there tonight (good friday(!)) for the regular Tranny Night les Femmes, as I assume it is opening hours as normal; I did post requests for info re. openiong hours of all the venes on the Gay Thread, but replies have not been forthcoming. I'll get back with details of what on at the club from Sat through to Monday as well (Maybe closed BH Monday?) tomorrow.

BTW, for those who mourned the departure of KICK'S DINER burger, hot dog and chip van, outside Club Xes, IT'S BACK, on (Most) Fridays, and hopefully other nights as well, (again I'll check details tonight)....

Just a quickie to say that I turned up at Xes at the usual time, just before 11, and was not disappointed; there were almost 20 trannies there, including lovely LOLA, a drag queen from Chesterfield, straight from a cabaret booking he did that night. Plenty of other people too, and a great atmosphere, and happy that Panda-Features was not there...

BTW, sadly, in spite of Gino reviving his 'KICKS DINER', the best burger van in the region, he has decided to call it a day, for reasons that 'he wasnt making enough money', so, I am afraid no more late night munchies just outside the door of Xes, we'll have to make do with packets of nuts, crisps and Pringles, which are all available behind the bar...

Occasionally, on special occasions, though, Gary and Simon do buffets of cold nibbles, along with live entertainment, so I'll try and keep you posted whenever a special party is on...

Archived