Anyone know the Chinn Family? It's Marie Chinn here!

My name is marie witton formally known as marie chinn (daughter of David Chinn and Vicky Chinn nee Thompson). I have just joined this forum and wondered if their was anyone out their who knows the Chinn family or is related to me. Let me know. David Chinns brother is called Tommy and their parents are Tommy (now deceased) and Rita Chinn. David Chinn would now be in his late 40's. My mum and dad divorced when I was about 8 and I last saw my dad briefly when I was 21. His best freind was called Tony Baines who used to be married to Janine Marper. Cheers
its possible your mum works in upperthorpe,ill not put where on here so pm if you wish,dave can usually be found in good weather fishing at 5 arches,young albert lives accross the road from me and i was with old albert last week,tommy can usually be found at the weekends on infirmary road and young john is around the lane top area

I've contacted him by letter and visited him once when I was 21 but I'm now 29. I did have his contact number but have lost it. I wanted to come to Sheffield and see him on Saturday but dont know how he feels about that. I dont know much about my family as my mum and dad split up on bad terms. Just want to see him again if you could pass on that message it would be great. Thanks a lot marie.

My mum lives in Doncaster and remarried my Dad now (confusing isnt it) but David Chinn is my proper dad. He did like fishing when I was younger cos I used to go with him. I was 8 or 9 when they split up so I only knew my dad, Tommy and my grandparents Tommy and Rita. Who is the Albert and young John you mentioned am I related to them? Cheers Marie.

My mum lives in Doncaster and remarried my Dad now (confusing isnt it) but David Chinn is my proper dad. He did like fishing when I was younger cos I used to go with him. I was 8 or 9 when they split up so I only knew my dad, Tommy and my grandparents Tommy and Rita. Who is the Albert and young John you mentioned am I related to them? Cheers Marie.
your granddad tom was a good friend of my fathers,toms brother albert chinn lives off city road,young albert and john are alberts sons,rita still walks her dog every day round the pondarosa,she will have daves contact number,i will try to bump into her over the week end and ask her

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I knew three Chinn brothers, Albert I think was the oldest quite big guy, used to wear a trilby hat (the 50s) hard case, once went into the Dog and Partridge on Attercliffe looking for trouble, the landlord was Fred Lee so he found all the trouble he was looking for and ended up unconscious on Oakes Green.

Second was Ernest, last time I saw him was in the reception wing at Leeds prison (dont ask) about 1970 he had lost it, had his breakfast including egg in his coat pocket, very noisy aggressive guy.

Third was Tommy, last time I saw him was beng arrested in Darnall terminus late 60s.

My impression (dont wish to upset you) is that they were not very nice people.

We can choose our friends, our relatives are another matter altogether.

• 1 month later...

hi Marie, i'm Michelle (ne Chinn) tommys daughter and your cousin:smile: :smile: . i searched last year for my dad and depoix told me he knew my dad. I have all the contact details you need as i have been in contact with the family. speak soon Mx

Archived