Anyone know the Chinn Family? It's Marie Chinn here!

well well,you live almost opposite me then, ive been with albert today to see his dad,old albert,hes very ill with cancer but still very sharp witted

hello girls,glad you found each other,and shelly,say hi to your mum for me please ;)

Sorry Al, I must have confused you by logging in on different name!!

Are these the Chins that also lived down Attercliffe - I can remember Susan Chin, her daughters Kay and Susan and son Freddie (the three kids mentioned here would now be in their 30s/early 40's)

Hello not sure as I dont know much about the family but as the name is unusual it very possible. The Freddie is a name I seem to remember. I will have to ask around. Thanks for the info. Marie

Are these the Chins that also lived down Attercliffe - I can remember Susan Chin, her daughters Kay and Susan and son Freddie (the three kids mentioned here would now be in their 30s/early 40's)

in the forties they lived down towards the end of washford road,later behind the old banners building

Hi, my name is warren chinn and i have got to be related to you somewhere down the line.My dad is Dennis and he is 67 years old.He was 1 of 6. My grandad was Albert who had 3 brothers,John and Tommy and I cant remember the 3rd brothers name.I have heard lots of stories about our family but I have not met any of them only my cousins.I will speak to my dad when he comes back from holiday to try and find anymore information out if you like.

Good luck

Hi, my name is warren chinn and i have got to be related to you somewhere down the line.My dad is Dennis and he is 67 years old.He was 1 of 6. My grandad was Albert who had 3 brothers,John and Tommy and I cant remember the 3rd brothers name.I have heard lots of stories about our family but I have not met any of them only my cousins.I will speak to my dad when he comes back from holiday to try and find anymore information out if you like.

Good luck

Hello Warren

My grandad was the Tommy you spoke about I think. His wife is Rita Chinn and she had two sons Tommy Chinn the eldest and David Chinn the youngest who is my dad. Him and my mum split up when I was about 9 and I last saw him when I was 21. Am trying to see him again but its not going to well. Do you live in Sheffield? I live in Doncaster now and have since I was 12 and I'm now 29 but still miss Sheffield. I go there to see my auntie now and again and it still feels like home. I've just made contact through the forum with my cousin Michelle who is Tommy Chinns daughter and we keep in touch via e-mail. Hoping to come to Sheffield to meet her soon. I guess if your grandad was my grandad's brother we are cousins (have I worked that out right?). When you have spoke to your dad let me know. Pm me.

Cheers Marie

• 4 months later...

Hiya Marie,

Heard you got in contact with your dad & met a lot of the family in the process. I told them that I'd posted on here a few times to you and michelle. Hope all went well & may see you at some point in Upperthorpe.

All the best - Sally

Hello my name is michael chinn and im searching for, what I think, is a different set of Chinn's in the Sheffield area. My uncle David (late 50's? think he is an ex-school teacher) and my cousins Louise and Jo(anna). I havent seen them in around 17 years and am on my first trip to the UK this Christmas.

Archived