Good Indian restaurant in city centre

ozfan

Whats that then?!

http://www.hi-life.co.uk/

For example my bill at Cafe Guru should have been £60 the last time I went but I paid £40.

You get a card to show the owners and you need to book stating you are a Hi-life member. Each establishment has a number that should be crossed off the back of the card once you have gained a discount from them (i.e. its only valid for 1 visit). However, I have never had a number crossed off my card

:hihi: :hihi:

http://www.hi-life.co.uk/

For example my bill at Cafe Guru should have been £60 the last time I went but I paid £40.

You get a card to show the owners and you need to book stating you are a Hi-life member. Each establishment has a number that should be crossed off the back of the card once you have gained a discount from them (i.e. its only valid for 1 visit). However, I have never had a number crossed off my card

:hihi: :hihi:

Had my card marked in Leeds on Sunday :(

Is the Mangla near to the Kashmir? Is it the same sort of place?

Billsmother - Yes mate the grub is authentic, cheap and very tasty mate. It has been recently done up imside, but the bustling of the open kitchen makes it stand out.

Like I have mentioned many a time, you can queue to get a seat after 1900hrs. The place is friendly and suitable for a family meal as well.

Get yourself up there son!!

What's Kashmir like these days? Long time since I have ventured through their doors?

• 1 month later...

RE: Cafe Guru. Do they do madras? It doesn't say so on the menu, but surely if they're a good Indian restaurant they should do madras!

EDIT: Sorry, I meant Vindaloo, not madras.

Anywhere but Nirmals, absolute rip-off. £85 it cost us for 4 students!! we got popodums without asking at start and get chardged like £8 for them with pickle tray, we ask them to bring us a dessert, they bring 3 disguised as 1. orange juice was £3. couldnt believe the price!!

Anywhere but Nirmals, absolute rip-off. £85 it cost us for 4 students!! we got popodums without asking at start and get chardged like £8 for them with pickle tray, we ask them to bring us a dessert, they bring 3 disguised as 1. orange juice was £3. couldnt believe the price!!

Yeah, you have to be careful when you go to Nirmals. The food is really nice, but if you've had a few beers that lady who runs it will recommend anything thats expensive.

Few times i've been in there with a few of the lads and always feel like we've been ripped off. Still, it's one of the best curry houses in town.

Archived