Parking on pavements MEGATHREAD

How about the car drivers parking a little further away from homes/shops or wherever they're going, and walking a few yards?

Walking into the road to get round a parked car might be a "minor inconvenience" to you, but try doing it with a bleddy wheelchair when you're faced with the problem of the moronic drivers who are driving on the road speeding past you at 40-50 mph in a 30 mph zone.

Contrary to what a lot of drivers seem to believe, purchasing a car does NOT give them the automatic right to park the damned thing where it's most convenient for them, with beggar all consideration for anybody else.

I have (and do) done it with a "bleddy" wheelchair thank you very much. Now that you mention it of course I'd rather someone lost their life than me be minorly inconvenienced :loopy:

But I've always felt cheap taking my own bread to the lake rather than buying the seed provided, now I think I should be taking bus drivers. Not wanting to start another bus driver thread there is one on the 50 and 53 stagecoach from chesterfield to sheffield that I'd be happy to feed your family with.

Aaaah - that's so sweet, offering to help the hungry, so nice to see the Christmas spirit is alive and well :hihi::hihi:

According to the highway code [section 244] you must not park wholly or partially on the pavement in London,- and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&siteId=en&ssTargetNodeId=439&ssDocName=DG_069860

What's the legal difference between 'must not' and 'should not' ? :confused:

I have (and do) done it with a "bleddy" wheelchair thank you very much. Now that you mention it of course I'd rather someone lost their life than me be minorly inconvenienced :loopy:

And what about the risk to the person, with or without wheelchair or pushchair, when they have to walk into the road? On balance, I'd have thought there was more chance of a pedestrian being knocked down because they were on the road, than somebody dying because an ambulance or fire engine couldn't get down a road.

If anybody should be inconvenienced, it's drivers - they choose to own a car, so it's up to them to find somewhere legal to park it, where they won't be blocking the road for emergency vehicles.

It's not up to everybody else to put up with inconvenience, minor or otherwise, to suit drivers.

And what about the risk to the person, with or without wheelchair or pushchair, when they have to walk into the road? On balance, I'd have thought there was more chance of a pedestrian being knocked down because they were on the road, than somebody dying because an ambulance or fire engine couldn't get down a road.

If anybody should be inconvenienced, it's drivers - they choose to own a car, so it's up to them to find somewhere legal to park it, where they won't be blocking the road for emergency vehicles.

It's not up to everybody else to put up with inconvenience, minor or otherwise, to suit drivers.

Yes, you are absolutely correct.

Why motorists do it is totally irrelevant - the fact remains that they should NOT park on the pavement.

And, before you ask, no I don't know where else you could park your car - and I don't much care either - your car, your problem.

yeah, my problem that I deal with using a little common sense! Good on you for backing the pubescent little girl that likes to slash tyres! underclass mentalty at its best!

According to the highway code [section 244] you must not park wholly or partially on the pavement in London,- and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&siteId=en&ssTargetNodeId=439&ssDocName=DG_069860

What's the legal difference between 'must not' and 'should not' ? :confused:

I thought "must not" means there is a law assosiated with it and "should not" is guidance

yeah, my problem that I deal with using a little common sense! Good on you for backing the pubescent little girl that likes to slash tyres! underclass mentalty at its best!

You really think that it's "common sense" to park illegally? I'd have classed that as selfish and, as it could result in a fine, extremely stupid as well.

The "pubescent little girl" didn't say anything about slashing tyres - she talked about letting down the tyres.

I really don't think you are in a position to comment on anybody else's "metalty" (sic), considering the difficulty you seem to have in comprehending the written word.