Parking on pavements MEGATHREAD

Well, if people weren't selfish in the first place by blocking a pavement I wouldn't have to be selfish in return.

Like I said, if it's by accident then fair enough. If a mirror gets in your way and you deliberately snap it back to get through as opposed to carefully manouvering around it then thats unaceptable!

Well, if people weren't selfish in the first place by blocking a pavement I wouldn't have to be selfish in return.

Do you want a round of applause for lowering yourself to be lower than them.

They were inconsiderate, you caused criminal damage.

The person blocking the pavement would get a ticket. Someone causing damage will get a criminal record - reflecting the seriousness of both occurances.

They've done something you don't like, therefore, in a fit of temper, you're going to get your "own way" by damaging something that another person has worked hard to purchase.

I'm not defending people who park on pavements, but to think that it's your duty, your right to damage property belonging to someone else because they've acted selfishly is arrogant to say the least.

The person blocking the pavement would get a ticket.

But they don't (usually).

Is this not another example of some laws not being enforced whilst others are?

... leading to disatisfaction and vigilante behaviour?

I have recently spent money and time along with other neighbours in planting to improve our neighbourhood.

The thick, idle ****es that still insist on driving over our planting are getting very close to sledgehammers.

They've done something you don't like, therefore, in a fit of temper, you're going to get your "own way" by damaging something that another person has worked hard to purchase.

Not necessarily. I'm not going to risk mine and my daughter's lives by walking on the road to get round the car. I will use the pavement since it was created for my use. If the pram hits the car or part of it, that's not my problem.

Not necessarily. I'm not going to risk mine and my daughter's lives by walking on the road to get round the car. I will use the pavement since it was created for my use. If the pram hits the car or part of it, that's not my problem.

if you follow the green cross code you won't be risking anyone's life. perhaps that's the responsible approach to not getting hit by a car.

what happens when the footpath's being dug up or blocked by BT repairing your internet connection? i assume you'll walk on the road then.

if i interpret the facts correctly - a public footpath is a right of way. legally the right of way has to be granted by the landowner(the council) if they see fit to allow parking then it could be interpreted that they are allowing the parking and consequently refusing to allow (you/us) a right of way.

obviously this is a somehwat spurious argument - but it could have potential if you damaged someones car.