Parking on pavements MEGATHREAD

It'd also help if kids had the sense to not run out into the road, especially from between two parked cars.

Nearly hit one myself this week, lucky for him I could see they were playing football on the pavement/street so slowed right down incase they did something stupid.

The next moment the stupid kid ran out right in front of me, whilst his mother looked on and just shook her head :loopy:

• 6 months later...

its dangerous to cross roads.the pavements are primarly for pedestrians. no excuse if you cant park outside your house park somewhere else. you can kill , you would probably be on a manslaughter charge. it is illegal to obstruct.no excuses

its dangerous to cross roads.the pavements are primarly for pedestrians. no excuse if you cant park outside your house park somewhere else. you can kill , you would probably be on a manslaughter charge. it is illegal to obstruct.no excuses

... but on the other hand, it does keep them dirty old canines from fouling the grass verges... ;)

No you really wouldn't. Go look at the definition of manslaughter.

I agree it's annoying though.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Would you rather that cars didn't park on the pavement and blocked the roads off by parking fully on the road?

On some streets it is safer to park half on the pavement otherwise emergency vehicles can't get through.

This is really one of those points where you don't realize what a total git you are parking on the pavement until you have to push someone around in a wheel chair. Just getting up and down over the curb where it isn't dropped is bad enough.

Some of the new housing are the worst the houses have drives but the roads are so narrow there isn't room for 2 cars parked on the road (the second car or visitors) opposite each other. The planners that allowed roads to be so narrow should be crippled and have to take there chances, see how they like it.