Little London Works

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Piccolo, Do you remember the driver of T sons & Turner's only lorry in the early 1970's. I forget his name but he used to take it to Belgium once a week and brought back souvenirs from Brugge for my sister. He'd be about 25 or so at the time.

Did they call him Scott, worked in the garage near the gate house and the foreman was a scottish chap?

Did they call him Scott, worked in the garage near the gate house and the foreman was a scottish chap?

lEy up Dogsneck there was a Stuart who looked like Rod Stewart who was a mechanic. Are you having a pre match beer on Saturday? If so, where? WAWAW?

No, dogsneck, different driver. The one I'm thinking of took the job after the previous driver had been killed. They thought he had dozed off doing too many hours and he crashed in a field I think in late 1969. After that, Colonel Tyzack had a tachograph put in the lorry, this was before they were obligatory. This driver was the first to work with it. The transport Manager was Mr. John Ford.

Archived