Langsett Cycles

PopT

12 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Enjoyed our get together in Norfolk on Dixon Lane today,  Good memories , Good company and to top it all Good pint of Stooooonses 

You're a gentleman and a scholar Cuttsie, as we used to say!

I was like Jimmy and His Magic Patch in the old Beano. Whisked back in time to a pub where nothing has changed in 50 years, same room, same furniture, same good company!

A pleasure!

29 minutes ago, trastrick said:

You're a gentleman and a scholar Cuttsie, as we used to say!

I was like Jimmy and His Magic Patch in the old Beano. Whisked back in time to a pub where nothing has changed in 50 years, same room, same furniture, same good company!

A pleasure!

Thank you enjoy the match on Sunday (hope the blades win for you ). And enjoy some Stoooonsees once again in the bottom of the Lane , Dixon that is .

On 21/09/2023 at 10:49, cuttsie said:

Thank you enjoy the match on Sunday (hope the blades win for you ). And enjoy some Stoooonsees once again in the bottom of the Lane , Dixon that is .

Was in the small front room at the Dial House Club with my dad one dinnertime in the 1970s.

We were not drinking Stones and this man asked us why not. Can't remember our reply but he bought us a pint each and afterwards another pint each.

He worked for Stones and  we always drank Stones after that . Only cost him 4 pints to convert us to their beer, what a great salesman he was !

21 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Was in the small front room at the Dial House Club with my dad one dinnertime in the 1970s.

We were not drinking Stones and this man asked us why not. Can't remember our reply but he bought us a pint each and afterwards another pint each.

He worked for Stones and  we always drank Stones after that . Only cost him 4 pints to convert us to their beer, what a great salesman he was !

The Stoooonses in Norfolk that myself and Trastrick had the pleasure of supping this very week was like going back twenty years , congratulations to the celler person who is responsible for this and at  only £2-35pence a pint anall

Edited by cuttsie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Runningman said:

Back on topic ! You look at a frame and think WOW look what that is  i.e. Langsett, Colnago or what ever. But do you know what lies beneath that paint work ?

Our amateur appraisal of a bike used to consist of lifting the bike up with a little finger.

If it felt light, you were in.

If it tore your finger off, it was either no good, or it was loaded up with crappola like front and back Lucas lights, dynamos, mudguards, luggage carrier, bicycle pump, water carrier, or even a rear view mirror, all curtesy of Halford's, of course.   :)

• Like 2