What music are you listening to?

RPG

The new Divine Comedy album, which is rather splendid.

Somewhat disappointed with the new Scott Walker album...but I'm perservering with it.

Oh and Mike Patton's new project "Peeping Tom" is pure gold especially the track with Massive Attack.

Heyyyy, come on now Sweetcheeks, why don't you wipe away those tears and tell us who these bands sound like. I for one am intrigued, being a fan of some relatively obscure US guitar music (e.g. stuff from Dischord and Touch & Go labels) so lets have some comparisons and maybe some of us will check them out.
Hi Grinner, Most of the music could be described as Power Pop, melodic Beatles/Byrds like songwriting with up front jangly guitars, bass and drums (real not computerised), usually with typical US professionalism. Some of the bands use synths and a considerable number have female singers, quite a lot of the others use male vocals which are quite feminine, mainly because the music does sound better with that kind of voice rather than having a strong, powerful singer. Some are more aggressive, some more AOR, some are just your basic college radio plays, but they are different and should appeal to some of you. Lets face it Dance, Trance, House and Electro stuff is certainly isn`t, neither is it danceable but it certainly floats my boat and I adore it. I would certainly burn off a CD for anybody interested if the Forum has no objections or it does not break any rules etc.