What music are you listening to?

RPG

I'm having a day listening to albums i've got on tape through the wonderousness that is Napster- stuff i used to listen to a lot but don't play anymore in the mid to late 80s/early 90s.

So far:

Mix of stuff including Need you tonight Inxs... what a fab song if you've not listened to it for ages!

Loose Ends Hanging on a string The Smash Hits

Terence Trent D'arby Introducing the hardline according to...:love:

Soul II Soul Club Classics Vol one.

En Vogue Funky Divas...

Terence Trent D'arby Introducing the hardline according to...:love:

I recall being in HMV on Pinstone Street in July 1987 and in those days, with CDs still being a rare breed, you had to go upstairs for their CD department.

As they do, a CD was being played and immediately I thought 'This is great, I wonder who it is.' That track changed and If You Let Me Stay came on. Thus I realised it was TTD. The next track came on and I decided I just had to own this album - the only time I've been in a record store and come out with a different CD to the one I was going in to buy.

What a cracking album The Hardline is. It is such a confident recording (who else would have the balls to sing a capella on an album of otherwise funky, soully stuff?). From the first track to the last - a wonderful cover of Smokey Robinsons's Who's Loving You - it's a great, great record.

For this thread, it's my birthday as I write and I have received three CDs: Best of Hall and Oates (which I chose) and Neil Diamond's new one. The other remains unopened!

I recall being in HMV on Pinstone Street in July 1987 and in those days, with CDs still being a rare breed, you had to go upstairs for their CD department.

As they do, a CD was being played and immediately I thought 'This is great, I wonder who it is.' That track changed and If You Let Me Stay came on. Thus I realised it was TTD. The next track came on and I decided I just had to own this album - the only time I've been in a record store and come out with a different CD to the one I was going in to buy.

What a cracking album The Hardline is. It is such a confident recording (who else would have the balls to sing a capella on an album of otherwise funky, soully stuff?). From the first track to the last - a wonderful cover of Smokey Robinsons's Who's Loving You - it's a great, great record.

For this thread, it's my birthday as I write and I have received three CDs: Best of Hall and Oates (which I chose) and Neil Diamond's new one. The other remains unopened!

Id be interested in your review of Neil's cd when you've given it a few whirls. From the TV ads it sounds pretty good:cool:

What a cracking album The Hardline is. It is such a confident recording (who else would have the balls to sing a capella on an album of otherwise funky, soully stuff?). From the first track to the last - a wonderful cover of Smokey Robinsons's Who's Loving You - it's a great, great record

What a great story -happy birthday! :D

Yeah i remember my mate playing it me on the bus on his walkman saying you've got to listen to this... We sat on the bus together with a walkman joint thing listening to it. He did me a copy and i bought it when i got paid. (Have since bought again on CD)

It sounds great still! And he was soooo sexy - i remember Paula Yates lushing over him way before Michael Hutchence on The Tube??

He doesn't record under that name anymore - think he's done a cat stevens - but he's still working.