What music are you listening to?

RPG

Originally posted by IanMitchell

If you ignore OK Computer then I agree

I'm currently listening to:

Dosed- Red Hot Chili Peppers

'OK Computer' is a hybrid between the older stuff, and starting the experimental music of 'Kid A' and beyond. I have it, but rarely listen to it.

Originally posted by kentboy119

'OK Computer' is a hybrid between the older stuff, and starting the experimental music of 'Kid A' and beyond. I have it, but rarely listen to it.

You should listen to OK Computer

I hated it at first- but now I love it

Originally posted by krimsonkaos

Currently listening to:

Autechre - Chiastic Slide.

Recently listened to:

Calexico, Smog, Iron & Wine, Joanna Newsom, Porlock, Pink Floyd, Tchaikovsky and Brian Wilson.

Like your style! Devandra Barnhart is also worth a listen, on a similar tip. New Sigur Ros is blinding. Canada seems to be plumbing a farrow of quality of late. Check:

Arcade Fire (bleeding obvious for many here)

Broken Social Scene

Constantines

Originally posted by IanMitchell

If you ignore OK Computer then I agree

I'm currently listening to:

Dosed- Red Hot Chili Peppers

No, no, no, no, no. Radiohead are that rare breed of bands that don't pander to expectation. They will be remembered as one of the most important groups of our time. If you are going to have longevity in music, you have to keep thinking outside the box. Acts like Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Oasis will keep regurgitating the same old, same old- and if that's what you're comfortable with then fair enough. But music has to evolve and progress, and hats off to the bands with the courage to try and take their listeners into pastures new. Kid A is arguably Radiohead's best album and, if you're not yet a convert, give it another listen (from start to finish) and then re-assess. It's no more a leap than OK Computer was to the Bends.

Originally posted by Tubthump

Like your style! Devandra Barnhart is also worth a listen, on a similar tip. New Sigur Ros is blinding. Canada seems to be plumbing a farrow of quality of late. Check:

Arcade Fire (bleeding obvious for many here)

Broken Social Scene

Constantines

Cool. Heard some of the new Sigur album and so far I like. Got Funeral by Arcade Fire, and a couple of BSS albums - not heard of the Constantines, so I'll be sure to check them out.

Thanks muchly.

Originally posted by Tubthump

.... music has to evolve and progress, and hats off to the bands with the courage to try and take their listeners into pastures new...

Well said and hear-hear. I think the same's true for all artforms, including film, literature, painting, sculpture ... you get the idea. If every artist produced the same bland mush every few months, well, they wouldn't be artists.:loopy:

G'nite

Joy Division; Unknown Pleasures

Bob Dylan; The Freewheelin'

Aphex Twin; Analord 1-10

Autechre; 2nd Bad Vibel

The Faint; Danse Macabre

Bloc Party; Silent Alarm

Kraftwerk; Computer World

Braindance; The Braindance Coincidence.

The Arcade Fire; Funeral

Lisa Lashes; Hard House Euphoria

But I definitely haven't been listening to James Blunt, Jack Johnson or Kaiser Chiefs. Their dull, uninspiring formulaic drivel offends me.

Still can't stop listening to Pendulum - Hold Your Colour

The songs are so good I keep alternating between choosing a fave song. ATM it is Steamline, but Plastic World is a close second.

When I'm forced not to listen to the album, I get by on M.I.A. - Arular and Beck - Guero

Wilf