What music are you listening to?

RPG

Timo,

At first glance the Immortal Bruckner website looks interesting. Thank you for that.

Have you ever come across one of Anton's pupils (watch some wit on the forum make a reference to body parts) Hans Rott and his symphony?

There's a splendid recording on Arte Nova. The opening suggests he was influenced by Bruckner, but later parts of the symphony suggest he was greatly influenced by Gustav Mahler.

Well worth a punt.

My CD changer currently has

Kate Rusby- 10

Saint-Saens- Symphony No 3

Julia Thornton- Eye of the Storm (stunning harp music)

Disturbed- Prayer

Chris Cornell- Euphoria Morning

Taj Mahal - Best of (disc 1)

Keb'Mo'- Keb' Mo'

Morcheeba- Charango

Nick Drake- Pink Moon

Audioslave- Out of Exile

Mozart Requiem

Massive Attack- Mezzanine

A bit eclectic, best not listened to an random!

Right at this moment: California Uber Alles by Dead Kennedys.

Generally: Dead Kennedys, U.S. Bombs, Dropkick Murphys, Magazine, Devo, The Misfits, Sex Pistols, The Exploited, The Filaments, Depeche Mode, Ramones, Cunninlynguists, Hip Hop Wieners, The Prodigy and DJ BC's 'The Beastles'

Originally posted by segasonic

Right at this moment: California Uber Alles by Dead Kennedys.

All ancient history, but the music still burns just as bright.

You will hear that, along with the superb Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy version ("I am governor Pete Wilson") on PhanFM. Not to mention some Jello Biafra spoken word stuff, DOA, nomeansno, Tracks from Frankenchrist and Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables, and some of the other covers on the virus100 tribute to The Dead Kennedys. (I'm particularly fond of Faith no More's cover of Let's Lynch the Landlord, and Nazi Punks F*** Off, covered by Napalm Death and the A Capella version of Looking Forward to Death by the inimitable nomeansno)

What 'sticks in my craw' is that Jello Biafra was sued for loss of earnings by the other ex-band members when he wouldn't licence "Holiday in Cambodia" for use by a Levi's Jeans Advert.

Playing now: Kincajou - Banco de Gaia