What music are you listening to?

RPG

Megadeth - Rust in Peace - What an album!!! Best songs are Holy Wars, Hangar 18, Tornado of Souls and Rust in Peace

Iron Maiden - No specific album because it's all great

Black Sabbath - Paranoid, Iron Man and War Pigs

Metallica - Ride the Lightning - Best songs are Fight fire with fire, For whom the bell tolls, Fade to black, Creeping death and The Call of Ktulu

The Fall: Your Future, Our Clutter - Can still do the business after nearly 30 albums, Mark E. Smith is a genius! Listen to the album here

Mike Patton: Mondo Cane - Bit of an acquired taste is Mike Patton but this album is quite accessible for him but still might put some people off as he covers classic Italian pop tunes from the 1950s & 60s. Inspired listening. You can listen to the album here

Edited by boboskins

• 2 weeks later...

Been re-evaluating Big Star lately. 15 years on from first listening to it and I finally 'get' Third/Sister Lovers. It's just so.....fragile, angry, gorgeous.

Plus The National have a new album out High Violet. The pessimist in me always expects the worst when a treasured band releases a new record, but any such thoughts were quickly extinguished with this. I suspect that this is going to be a record of real depth revealing something new on every listen. At least for the first 50 or so run throughs!