What music are you listening to?

RPG

Wendy Rule - World between worlds (Rule is a witch and her albums reflect her pagan beliefs, so yes, we're in new age territory here but this is a really sumptuous album of very simple instrumentation and Rule's voice soaring over it very much in the vein of Dead Can Dance; her voice isn't as distinctive as Lisa Gerrard's but is still pretty impressive)

Rasa - Union (similar sort of thing in some ways, and it's on the Hearts of Space label which means it's almost bound to be good)

Having a Bobathon. Dylan's been given a serious airing in m'car for the past month. Had a week of 'Desire', a week of 'Slow Train'. Last week it was the turn of 'Blood On The Tracks' and this coming week will be the first disc of 'The Bootleg Series - Vol 1'. Yes, for a younger audience he would be a hard sell. Yes, he can't sing. Yes also, the discordant harmonica can be infuriating occasionally. But.............it's BOB DYLAN. One of the greatest songwriters ever. A world without Bob would be unimaginable (for me anyway). "How many roads must a man walk down..?" For me, LOTS.

Paul Hardcastle - 19 ----- Anyone remember this?

N-n-n-n-nineteen etc.

For me at the moment:

Hem - Eveningland (like their other album I've got, Rabbit Songs, there's no way I should like it but I do. In some places they almost reminded me of er... Manhattan Transfer. Oh the shame but Sally Ellyson's voice is just hypnotically gorgeous. A guilty pleasure.)

Marco V - Confusion (double CD of hardish trance, really good)

Dictaphone - m.-addiction (more downtempo ambient jazzy stuff, really well done)

Antonym - Tonanysm (well it was alright, jumps about to every style of electronic music from ambient to industrial to techno so it's a bit of a mish-mash but was OK)

Vulture by Pendulum.

Although I've got a right odd mix on my playlist at the moment. It also has songs by Luther Vandross, The Bee Gees, Kool and the Gang and Abba.:hihi:

owt good? :P

today

The Streets - Original pirate material, old favourite, brought back memories

owt good? :P

today

The Streets - Original pirate material, old favourite, brought back memories

I think so.:) : Gimme Gimme Gimme - Abba,

Stayin Alive and Night Fever - Bee Gees

Cherish and Celebration - Kool and the Gang

and Never Too Much - Luther Vandross