What music are you listening to?

RPG

My parents had that Nancy Whiskey version of 'Freight Train' on vinyl 45 (or maybe 78!).

Sticking to the railway theme, if you remember 'Six-Five Special', perhaps you are also familiar with the later

?

---------- Post added 24-04-2018 at 19:12 ----------

What a refreshing choice of music. I'll be tuning in more.

im planning on doing a full ska show this weekend (if mi mates still not on he reckons everythings fixed now though), that shows ska was purely 60s so it'll be more of a selection with 60s, skinhead reggae, do the dogs roster, 2 tone and other stuff like US 3rd wave ska, maybe ska punk

I know what music I am hoping to be listening to, ABBA, they have reunited and written two new songs to be released later this year, brilliant news, definitely music to my ears.

Thank you for the music, ABBA.

I hope people don't expect too much from this and just appreciate it for what it is and not be disappointed at what it isn't.

I know what music I am hoping to be listening to, ABBA, they have reunited and written two new songs to be released later this year, brilliant news, definitely music to my ears.

Thank you for the music, ABBA.

I hope the girls sound better than they look these days.:D

---------- Post added 28-04-2018 at 12:30 ----------

My parents had that Nancy Whiskey version of 'Freight Train' on vinyl 45 (or maybe 78!).

Sticking to the railway theme, if you remember 'Six-Five Special', perhaps you are also familiar with the later

?

---------- Post added 24-04-2018 at 19:12 ----------

What a refreshing choice of music. I'll be tuning in more.

Can't remember that show, but I have seen the Sister Rosetta video with her playing that Gibson SG, a few times. Great stuff.

I hope the girls sound better than they look these days.:D

---------- Post added 28-04-2018 at 12:30 ----------

Can't remember that show, but I have seen the Sister Rosetta video with her playing that Gibson SG, a few times. Great stuff.

I’m sure they will sound okay, although I’m not expecting them to be as good as they were in the 80s, but with their money they should look good. However when I see Priscilla Presley on TV who isn’t short of a bob or two she looks like a wax work doll, so doesn’t matter how much money you have age catches up with you.

---------- Post added 29-04-2018 at 13:11 ----------

I hope people don't expect too much from this and just appreciate it for what it is and not be disappointed at what it isn't.

We will just have to wait and see.

Edited by hauxwell

I’m sure they will sound okay, although I’m not expecting them to be as good as they were in the 80s, but with their money they should look good. However when I see Priscilla Presley on TV who isn’t short of a bob or two she looks like a wax work doll, so doesn’t matter how much money you have age catches up with you.

---------- Post added 29-04-2018 at 13:11 ----------

We will just have to wait and see.

I actually saw a documentary on ABBA not long ago. I don't know how old the film is but the ladies looked a little the worse for wear. Mind you there are others who keep coming back who don't look any better. But as you say, we all age in our own way and of course, beauty is only skin deep If the talent is still there, they will sell records, probably go gold in Australia, they love them down under.

I actually saw a documentary on ABBA not long ago. I don't know how old the film is but the ladies looked a little the worse for wear. Mind you there are others who keep coming back who don't look any better. But as you say, we all age in our own way and of course, beauty is only skin deep If the talent is still there, they will sell records, probably go gold in Australia, they love them down under.

They do look as though they have aged, they were on TV this morning. So here’s hoping they can still sing okay, and as Alan Hartley says, appreciate it for what it is.

You are right about the Australians they love them.

They have been asked to perform at Glastonbury, but they have declined.

Edited by hauxwell