What music are you listening to?

RPG

Monkey Swallows The Universe - The Bright Carvings (Best voice in South Yorkshire)

Richard Hawley - Coles Corner (Second best voice in South Yorkshire)

The Research - Breaking Up

Oh I dunno about that, I'd have said Em from Scarlet Tuesday was ;)

Love RH's voice, so soothing.

This week I am mostly listening to remixes of the best three Talking Heads albums; 'More Songs About Buildings and Food', 'Fear of Music' and 'Remain in Light'. What a wonderful trilogy they are, and perhaps the best three 'art rock' albums ever made. This is in no small part to the involvement of the brilliant Brian Eno in all three projects.

I marvel at the talent of David Byrne in particular, and have always been able to relate to his slightly detached view of the world. His lyrics, deceptively simple, convey the paranoia, angst, uncertainties and absurdities of modern life so evocatively. On 'Drugs' ['Fear of Music'], he gives what is perhaps his greatest ever performance as a vocalist, brilliantly conveying drug-induced paranoia authentically and honestly. Byrne writes about the processes of art too, and there are many subtle references to art theory and philosophy for those with the eyes and ears to spot them. Talking Heads as a project were art rock about art rock in a sense. One gets the feeling of a great collective intelligence behind the effort, and of a thinking person's 'popular music' for the mind and body. Much as I love Radiohead, they are mere sixth formers in comparison with the 'Heads', and Byrne in particular.

This week I am mostly listening to remixes of the best three Talking Heads albums; 'More Songs About Buildings and Food', 'Fear of Music' and 'Remain in Light'. What a wonderful trilogy they are, and perhaps the best three 'art rock' albums ever made. This is in no small part to the involvement of the brilliant Brian Eno in all three projects.

I marvel at the talent of David Byrne in particular, and have always been able to relate to his slightly detached view of the world. His lyrics, deceptively simple, convey the paranoia, angst, uncertainties and absurdities of modern life so evocatively. On 'Drugs' ['Fear of Music'], he gives what is perhaps his greatest ever performance as a vocalist, brilliantly conveying drug-induced paranoia authentically and honestly. Byrne writes about the processes of art too, and there are many subtle references to art theory and philosophy for those with the eyes and ears to spot them. Talking Heads as a project were art rock about art rock in a sense. One gets the feeling of a great collective intelligence behind the effort, and of a thinking person's 'popular music' for the mind and body. Much as I love Radiohead, they are mere sixth formers in comparison with the 'Heads', and Byrne in particular.

Mr Byrne's :cool:

Timo, have you checked out The Thievery Corporation's, 'The Cosmic Game', David guests on the strongest track of the album, it's called 'The Heart's a Lonely Hunter', and it was remixed (I love this version - potential Desert Island Disc contender) by one half of the world reknowned *Masters at Work (*aka MAW) team, Louie Vega. Stunning! :thumbsup:

corinne bailey rae - way too much of a poor copy of Macy Gray.sorry to say.

No disrespect to you Willman :) , but Macy Gray sounds like Marge Simpson trying to sing.... on a good day!:gag:

Corinne's got a lovely voice, you should check out her stuff with the band - Stix. :cool:

No disrespect to you Willman :) , but Macy Gray sounds like Marge Simpson trying to sing.... on a good day!:gag:

Corinne's got a lovely voice, you should check out her stuff with the band - Stix. :cool:

i dont actually like Macy Gray either, Corinnes voice is pallatable, it could just be the songs on the album.with the exception of her current release & 1 other i disliked it but then again i recently dissed Hilary Duff & Jose Gonzalez.

will prob try Stix. cheers