Gordon Banks Obe

Does BANKSY deserve to be honored by his home city?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Does BANKSY deserve to be honored by his home city?

• YES...Without a doubt.
    • Not bothered.
    • Definately not.

I would like to thank all who took part in this little survey, but as a result of my tormenting the council repeatidly, they finally did something for"Our Gordon".

last summer they installed the first LEGENDS plaque out side the town hall, and Banksy was the first to be honored, I was luck enought o be invited along to meet my Hero, and I was in awe of him still, completely lost for words, but fortunatly we are in regular contact by post.

but what a great day, to meet him, and have tea with the mayor and his lovely wife, and to meet Gordon's family and friends.

I shall never forget it, and I had two shirts signed as well, lucky me.

anyhow, hope you all go and see the plaque outside the TH, along with Def Leonard and Helen Sharpen.

bye fer now......

I actually thought Ron, in his pomp, the better of the two; but agree that by 1966 Gordon was indeed the finest keeper in the world.

Gordon Banks is the best keeper I ever saw play. If it hadn't been for the brilliance of Gordon Banks then the Wednesday keeper of the time, Ron Springett, would have got a lot more England caps than he did.

Archived