Where are the Sheffield Conservation Areas?

According to the council website there are 35 consevation areas in sheffield, but I can't find a link to where they are. Anyone know where i can get the info and preferably with maps?

I'm vaguely aware of coservation areas in broomhill, Ranmoor, Nether Edge, Butchers wheel and Kelham Island - but I have no idea where the rest are.

There was a field on the Gleadless Valley that was handed over to the conservation group as it had rare grasses and flowers growing on it. Not sure if this is still the case but I can reember as a child we used to sledge down this because it had loads of bumps in it, planted loads of acorns as well

• 3 weeks later...
Hiya.

There are loads in sheffield. Try Rivelin Valley, Porter Clough and the Five Weirs Walk.

Margaret B

Someone said the other day that Psalter Lane is in a conservation area. Apparently they have to get permission to make any changes. Don't know how true it is.

Someone said the other day that Psalter Lane is in a conservation area. Apparently they have to get permission to make any changes. Don't know how true it is.

I wonder how they got permission to demolish the nice row of brick built Georgian houses at the junction of Psalter Lane with Cherry Tree Road and put up ugly townhouses then?

I wonder how they got permission to demolish the nice row of brick built Georgian houses at the junction of Psalter Lane with Cherry Tree Road and put up ugly townhouses then?

It makes you think.

I was talking to someone on Clifford Road which is the next road on, and they wanted to erect a garden shed measuring 4 feet by 5 feet and they said that seeing as it was a conservation area they would have to get permission for it. I have known these people for five years and it is the first time I have heard them say that, so I don't know if it has only recently become a conservation area?

Have you seen the awful flats they have built at the bottom end of Clifford Road at the junction of St. Andrews Road?

Archived